Best Movie

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
All the talk about The Feast of the Goat got me to thinking that it would be great to get others opinions about the best movie about the Dominican Republic, or thats filmed in the Dominican Republic. Any ideas?

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
When I was in D.R this past christmas, I saw La Maldicion del Padre Cardenas. I thought it was a very good movie, and very funny too,..

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Nyeden said:
When I was in D.R this past christmas, I saw La Maldicion del Padre Cardenas. I thought it was a very good movie, and very funny too,..

Carmona..... del padre Carmona

-

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
I've heard good things about Andrea, but haven't seen it yet. Would love to get my hands on a copy! Is it going to be out on DVD does anybody know?

May 12, 2005
I remember watching a Dominican made movie that girlfriend showed me. It was about Dominicans stowing away on a cargo ship to Miami and trying to get into the USA. I beleive it was made in the 80's sometime, but I can't remember the name of it. It actually wasn't that bad of a movie.

Patricia Parra

Jun 6, 2006
The first time I saw the movie Andrea I was like **** I am not going to be able to sleep, so i had to open up my brugal extra viejo bottle and dranked the whole bottle. And then se fue la luz and i am scared of the dark i was like wtf. I also saw un macho de mujer, It was really funny you have to see that movie, especially the ladies lmao. Also Perico Ripiao is a good movie too.

pi?acolada

Mar 9, 2005
Frank the Tank said:
I remember watching a Dominican made movie that girlfriend showed me. It was about Dominicans stowing away on a cargo ship to Miami and trying to get into the USA. I beleive it was made in the 80's sometime, but I can't remember the name of it. It actually wasn't that bad of a movie.

The title is "Pasaje de ida". It got the first and only Oscar nomination of a dominican film as best foreign film. The Director is Agliberto Melendez.

Jun 5, 2004
My vote would definetly go to Andrea: La Venganza de un espiritu. That movie is the best that the dr has ever produced. Un Macho de Mijer was also very good. I am very curious to see Pasaje de Ida it sounds likea very good film.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
apdomini100max said:
My vote would definetly go to Andrea: La Venganza de un espiritu. That movie is the best that the dr has ever produced. Un Macho de Mijer was also very good. I am very curious to see Pasaje de Ida it sounds likea very good film.
\

Un macho de Mujer was very good also but not like Andrea

May 31, 2005
I just saw un macho de mujer. It was very funny. I will probably see la maldicion de el padre cardona tonight or tomorrow.