Store Closings for Election Day

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Not everyone living or vacationing in the DR may realize that more stores close on electon day (tomorrow, May 16) than on any other holiday. In Sosua, for example, the Payero supermarkets will be closed all day so their employees can vote. Very unusual for them to close their supermarkets for an entire day.

Anyone who thinks he might need something from a store tomorrow should get it today to be safe.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Ken said:
Not everyone living or vacationing in the DR may realize that more stores close on electon day (tomorrow, May 16) than on any other holiday. In Sosua, for example, the Payero supermarkets will be closed all day so their employees can vote. Very unusual for them to close their supermarkets for an entire day.

Anyone who thinks he might need something from a store tomorrow should get it today to be safe.
If memory serves me, the men vote at different times than the women so they used to remain open (At least one) and rotate the staff. Unusual indeed. I hope the restaurants will remain open I'm hungry allready.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Eddy said:
If memory serves me, the men vote at different times than the women so they used to remain open (At least one) and rotate the staff. Unusual indeed. I hope the restaurants will remain open I'm hungry allready.

Rules have been changed, men and women will vote at the same time, however standing in different lines.... Dry law will be in effect starting tomorrow morning, which means you should load up on beer today....

-

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
JDJones said:
Stores are closed, but all the colmados that service my neighborhood are open and selling anything you need....

I called my favorite colmado and the manager told me "We're not political. We're open Tuesday and we'll be selling beer." I love this country!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
A few minutes ago, I caught my son Alan with a Bohemia beer in hand. He had walked over to the corner supermarket (El Drag?n de Oro). He said he saw people carting cases of the suds....

By the way, El Drag?n de Oro is an open 24 hrs supermarket on the corner of Ave. R?mulo Betancourt (former Prolongaci?n Bol?var) and Calle Higuemota, Bella Vista, SD (this is an unpaid announcement... ;-)

-