Los Haitises Recomendation

gagilmer

Jul 12, 2005
Hey gang. We'll be in Las Terrenas 6/18-6/28. Didn't get to see Los Haitises last summer so it is near the top of the list this year. I know that boats leave from Sanchez for the tour. I'd prefer to give our business to a private guide rather than a tour company. Does anyone have a recomendation as to who to use? Thanks, GG

gagilmer

Jul 12, 2005
Surely someone knows something!

You mean to tell me that no one knows anything about Los Haitises? GG

vlokje

May 13, 2004
I am a guide for los haitisis and I love the place.You can go to Sanchez and go with a local fisherman over and hope the weather stays nice ,which it useally does in summer,or go to Amilka tours.they have bigger boat but that means more people too.Los haitisis without bguide is a very green place,still very nice of course,
good luck

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Ask for Guri..

When in Sanchez, take a moto-choncho to la Playita, they all know where's at. When you get there, ask for a man named Guri. I used his services last July and he's great. Nice and friendly. Enjoy Los Haitises. Don't forget to pack your camera and or video recorder. Also bring drinking water. Ask Guri to return to land before 5Pm when high tides come in.. The current gets very choppy, not to worry you but hold on tight. Have fun. I did.;)

Zeus (primus inter pares)

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Los Haitises is not to be missed

Four of us had a great private English speaking guide with a small boat in March. If I can find his name in my stuff I'll PM you. We booked through Sunshine Tours in LT but we met our guide at Amilka. I think if you go to Amilka Tours in Sanchez as suggested you might do a little better in price if that's important to you. Make sure you book ahead to get a private tour because then you can pursue your personal interests...birds, caves. flora, whatever or everything at your pace. Unless you speak great Spanish ask for an English speaking guide. Have fun!

vlokje

May 13, 2004
one more thing about los haitisis,do not plan your visit Tuesday,one of the nicest gaves is closed teusdays due to a film they are making(reality tv).
Good luck Vlokje

gagilmer

Jul 12, 2005
Thanks for info

We'll be in LT 6/18-6/28. We'll make sure to not make it to LH on Tuesday. Thanks, GG

gagilmer

Jul 12, 2005
Los Haitises

I'll certainly provide plenty of pix and a "trip report" the first week of July....or so. Hopefully someone who is in the DR on a long-term basis can give us some more in-depth & frequent input.