Number 22,....Willy Mo Pena!!!!! :)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
It looks like the Red Sox have another young, talented and rising star......Willy Mo Pena~~~ :bunny: :classic:

Ramirez, Ortiz, and Pena.....what a trio!!! :classic:

Games: 28
At-bats: 84
Runs: 9
Hits: 27
Doubles: 9
Homers: 4
RBIs: 17
Batting Average: .321
On-base percentage: .368

zvdbgw.jpg

zvd5s8.jpg

zvdbmw.jpg

zvd7bk.jpg

zvdac9.jpg

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I know what some of you are thinking.

Potato Salad is not a sock puppet of mine.

Ask Robert.

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
I hope they (Red Sox), keep him, because when coco crisp come back, there will be 4 outfielders, and right now the men is hot and playing good too...

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
something_of_the_night said:
Although Willy Mo's fielding leaves much to be desired, I did not like it when my Cinci Reds traded him for Arroyo.

We'll, give you alex gonzalez, and give arroyo back to us, we need him real bad...:bandit:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Pitchers have the advantage

When a pitcher switches leagues it inevitably takes the batters a while to get used to him.

The second and third times through the NL, Bronson will no longer be going 7 & 8 innings and posting miniscule numbers.

Batters will by then have some experience seeing him, scouts and managers will have identified pitching patterns, arc of the break of his curveball, when he'll throw it, what he does in certain counts, etc.

He is not as good as his record indicates. He's good, but not that good.

This was a great trade for both clubs I think.

I've heard (the Baltimore announcer last night for instance) state that the Saaaaawx took a lot of heat for trading Arroyo for Will Mo. That's not true at all. Plenty of the typical whining, but no one who knows anything would do that accounting of this trade until after a season or two. These are two young kids really.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawx!!

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Tony Cabrera said:
I hope they (Red Sox), keep him, because when coco crisp come back, there will be 4 outfielders, and right now the men is hot and playing good too...

Very good point. :)

I guess Pena and Nixon will be competing for playing time.

Nixon is older and has a history of injuries. So if Pena keeps up the good work, I want him to be our left-fielder. Besides, Pena is only 25 years old.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
something_of_the_night said:
Although Willy Mo's fielding leaves much to be desired, I did not like it when my Cinci Reds traded him for Arroyo.

So far, Arroyo is 5-1 with a 2.03 ERA for your Reds. So your team now has a very good number two starter. And the Reds are off to a very good start.

Have you been to their new stadium? I have never been there. But it looks very nice.

So far, both teams have benefited. :)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Cleef said:
When a pitcher switches leagues it inevitably takes the batters a while to get used to him.

The second and third times through the NL, Bronson will no longer be going 7 & 8 innings and posting miniscule numbers.

Batters will by then have some experience seeing him, scouts and managers will have identified pitching patterns, arc of the break of his curveball, when he'll throw it, what he does in certain counts, etc.

He is not as good as his record indicates. He's good, but not that good.

This was a great trade for both clubs I think.

I've heard (the Baltimore announcer last night for instance) state that the Saaaaawx took a lot of heat for trading Arroyo for Will Mo. That's not true at all. Plenty of the typical whining, but no one who knows anything would do that accounting of this trade until after a season or two. These are two young kids really.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawx!!

GO SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWX!!! :bunny: :chinese:

Pedro and the Mets will be visiting Fenway in June. Oh boy,..... LOL ;)

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Potato Salad...

Yes, Arroyo has been good, but it's early. The Reds also traded Sean Casey, one of my all-time favorites.

I haven't been to the Great American Ballpark (the new launching pad).