Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sosua Poker Game Update

As all DR1 readers are welcome to join the game, we felt it was time to update the info. on the game.

Sosua Texas Holdem Poker Game
    • Dates: Every Tuesday and Friday
    • Time: 8:00PM (sharp, not Dominican time)
    • Place: Rocky's Restaurant, Sosua

We play a low stakes, friendly game Texas Holdem. The blinds are 20/40 pesos. The bets are 20 pesos on the deal, flop and turn and 40 pesos on the River. 3 raises are allowed. The buyin for the game is 1000 pesos(~$30). Rebuys are permitted (and encouraged). AT 11:00PM the game changes from a limit game to a no-limit game to allow the losers to get even or even worse.

We play by Modified Dominican Rules-this means the rules change as the game progresses. These rule are approved by Jose rather than Hoyle.
    Novices are welcome, just don't stand behind Marco.
    Women are encouraged to play. They have the option of betting clothing rather than pesos. Thongs and G-strings are worth double.

Where else can you enjoy the best of food and drink while having the chance to make a few pesos? All are welcome (well almost all).

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm proud to contribute my $1,000 rd, twice a week.
    I think Howmar will be able to retire sooner than he had planned.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I've got to agree with Rocky

I went all in with a nice little straight and got my ass kicked! It's a good, friendly game though and fun too, long may it last - just don't leave your beer bottles on the table or Rocky will make you take the deck of cards home and iron them all flat again.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simon & Nicky
    I went all in with a nice little straight and got my ass kicked! It's a good, friendly game though and fun too, long may it last - just don't leave your beer bottles on the table or Rocky will make you take the deck of cards home and iron them all flat again.
    Nobody forced you to bet that paltry straight. Some people just are action junkies. Friday night remember this 4-letter-word, F-O-L-D.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I was glad to finally make it there for a game. Had a great time. Next time I will bring my own cards so I won't have to hear Marco complain about bending the cheap ones he provides.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

can girls participate as well?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bellissima_81
    can girls participate as well?
    According to the first post:

Quote Originally Posted by HOWMAR
    Women are encouraged to play. They have the option of betting clothing rather than pesos. Thongs and G-strings are worth double.