Sosua Poker Game Update

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
As all DR1 readers are welcome to join the game, we felt it was time to update the info. on the game.

Sosua Texas Holdem Poker Game
  • Dates: Every Tuesday and Friday
  • Time: 8:00PM (sharp, not Dominican time)
  • Place: Rocky's Restaurant, Sosua
We play a low stakes, friendly game Texas Holdem. The blinds are 20/40 pesos. The bets are 20 pesos on the deal, flop and turn and 40 pesos on the River. 3 raises are allowed. The buyin for the game is 1000 pesos(~$30). Rebuys are permitted (and encouraged). AT 11:00PM the game changes from a limit game to a no-limit game to allow the losers to get even or even worse.

We play by Modified Dominican Rules-this means the rules change as the game progresses. These rule are approved by Jose rather than Hoyle.
Novices are welcome, just don't stand behind Marco.
Women are encouraged to play. They have the option of betting clothing rather than pesos. Thongs and G-strings are worth double.

Where else can you enjoy the best of food and drink while having the chance to make a few pesos? All are welcome (well almost all).

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm proud to contribute my $1,000 rd, twice a week.
I think Howmar will be able to retire sooner than he had planned.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
I've got to agree with Rocky

I went all in with a nice little straight and got my ass kicked! It's a good, friendly game though and fun too, long may it last - just don't leave your beer bottles on the table or Rocky will make you take the deck of cards home and iron them all flat again.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Simon & Nicky said:
I went all in with a nice little straight and got my ass kicked! It's a good, friendly game though and fun too, long may it last - just don't leave your beer bottles on the table or Rocky will make you take the deck of cards home and iron them all flat again.
Nobody forced you to bet that paltry straight. Some people just are action junkies. Friday night remember this 4-letter-word, F-O-L-D. ;)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I was glad to finally make it there for a game. Had a great time. Next time I will bring my own cards so I won't have to hear Marco complain about bending the cheap ones he provides. :) :) :)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
bellissima_81 said:
can girls participate as well?
According to the first post:

HOWMAR said:
Women are encouraged to play. They have the option of betting clothing rather than pesos. Thongs and G-strings are worth double.