Driving Licence info. needed

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
I would like up-to-date info. on getting a DR Drivers Licence if anyone recently has applied please.
I was in the Licence place in POP a few months ago but they could not help
I live in Sosua so hopefully there will be somewhere close by to get the Licence.
Thanks.. Chester4

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Chester4 said:
I would like up-to-date info. on getting a DR Drivers Licence if anyone recently has applied please.
I was in the Licence place in POP a few months ago but they could not help
I live in Sosua so hopefully there will be somewhere close by to get the Licence.
Thanks.. Chester4

Hi Chester, the nearest place now is in Santiago at the office Mano de Obra
near the Stadium. There is a branch of the Bank de Reservas conveniently located next door so you can pay the necessary dues there. Go early as there is the usual long lineup. You get the eye & blood tests before you go for the practical driving test. Buena suerte! Canadian Bob.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
I heard you could do a swap.

I think it was Mendez from the consulate who told me you could hand over your British licence in exchange for a Dominican one. Why don't you check with him?

Of couse, a shrewd girl like you will have previously told the UK DVLC that you've lost yours and got a replacement sent to you first before handing over your "spare" one!

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Dominican drivers licence.

Simon & Nicky said:
I think it was Mendez from the consulate who told me you could hand over your British licence in exchange for a Dominican one. Why don't you check with him?

Of couse, a shrewd girl like you will have previously told the UK DVLC that you've lost yours and got a replacement sent to you first before handing over your "spare" one!

Not so.... no "exchanging" is possible. Canadian Bob.

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
Some friends of mine are currently going down the 'exchange route'! They got as far as the British Embassy in S.D. then gave up! I am going to try myself next time I am there.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I exchanged mine a few years ago. It's a couple of days work, but much better than taking the test etc etc.

First you get it authenticated by the British consulate.
Then SEREX authenticates their authentication.
Then you take all the paper to Mano de Obra and they give you a DR license once you have taken an eye and blood test.

It's all well documented on a thread some place :)

KB article