Any IT work in the DR?

londongirl

May 1, 2006
Anyone have any advice to offer please re IT work in the DR?

I currently live in London, England and am looking to relocate to the DR in about a year's time, maybe sooner if I can find IT work in DR.
I'm 29 and have 7 years of IT work behind me in a general networking/IT Support role.
Past and current roles including user support/server side support on NT and Windows 2000/2003 servers plus administration of Active Directory, phone system maintenance, software/hardware desktop and laptop support, peripherals, printers,fax machines etc.
A little web maintenance and intranet experience and I'm working on the 'becoming fluent in spanish' bit.
And am also familar with the usual office packages, remote connection software etc!
I've done a lot of searching online for tech work in DR and I don't seem to find much at all.
The last time I was in DR in March this year I spoke to someone there who said there wasn't really too much IT work in the DR.
I know the work wouldn't be 'London' wages and thats fine, so long as I can live and pay accomodation and bills.

I'm also intrested in any long term voluntary placements of over 1 year that may be IT related.
I'm coming back to Sosua in July and would welcome any advice or help.

Thanks Londongirl