Post Thanks / Like

Default presidente beer in Chicago

Hi all,

I'm a native New Yorker who loves Presidente beer, but I go to school in Chicago and haven't had it for years. Does anyone know where one can get it? There aren't many Dominicans in this city, but I'm positive that it is somewhere. Thanks a lot

Ben

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bhj7724
    Hi all,

I'm a native New Yorker who loves Presidente beer, but I go to school in Chicago and haven't had it for years. Does anyone know where one can get it? There aren't many Dominicans in this city, but I'm positive that it is somewhere. Thanks a lot

Ben
    Ben, there is a store in Chicago called La Bodeguita Domincana, located at 4148 W. Armitage Ave. phone (773) 772-5233. I have been told that it is sold there. You might want to give them a call to check before you go there. BTW, I can't quote exact numbers but there are many Dominicans in Chicago area and nearby Northwest Indiana. Most Dominicans here tend to look just like Afro-Americans and you never know who they are unless you happen to here them speaking.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly the Presidente sold in the US has a lower alcohol content than that sold in the DR.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in chicago and have never seen any Presidente here, and very few Dominican's. there is a place on Grand Ave. that sell Presidente, but not a depenable stock, its a HUGE liquor store. I will think of the name and post it.