presidente beer in Chicago

bhj7724

May 21, 2006
Hi all,

I'm a native New Yorker who loves Presidente beer, but I go to school in Chicago and haven't had it for years. Does anyone know where one can get it? There aren't many Dominicans in this city, but I'm positive that it is somewhere. Thanks a lot

Ben

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
bhj7724 said:
Hi all,

I'm a native New Yorker who loves Presidente beer, but I go to school in Chicago and haven't had it for years. Does anyone know where one can get it? There aren't many Dominicans in this city, but I'm positive that it is somewhere. Thanks a lot

Ben

Ben, there is a store in Chicago called La Bodeguita Domincana, located at 4148 W. Armitage Ave. phone (773) 772-5233. I have been told that it is sold there. You might want to give them a call to check before you go there. BTW, I can't quote exact numbers but there are many Dominicans in Chicago area and nearby Northwest Indiana. Most Dominicans here tend to look just like Afro-Americans and you never know who they are unless you happen to here them speaking.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Sadly the Presidente sold in the US has a lower alcohol content than that sold in the DR. :(

Will_blueprint

Oct 5, 2005
I live in chicago and have never seen any Presidente here, and very few Dominican's. there is a place on Grand Ave. that sell Presidente, but not a depenable stock, its a HUGE liquor store. I will think of the name and post it.