ESL instructors Jobs/opportunities!!

mrthomas2002

Feb 12, 2006
Hello and greeting to all of my Dominican/American brothers and sisters. I am planning on relocating to Santo Domingo 06/09/06 and although i have applied to numerous companies including MC School, Progressive Education Services and one more who's name slips me i am asking if you know of other companies that are looking for ESL instructors. and your advice as to which ones pays the best. I am currently married to a very lovely Dominican woman and although i have a extended family and good support their, i speak very little spanish aside from what i learn from my spanish tapes. Also what do you think about offering ESL classes in my small apartment. A little background i have a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and a Teaching Certificate in Business Ed, Vocational Ed and Marketing Education. I taught a mere 5-years here in Michigan before i was laid-off permanently, I was comming to just unwind but after viewing some posting i decided to apply. As you all know the host country is very lovely and their are loads of opportunities. i am aware of the low pay grades and harsh living imposed on the residents, but like most pioneers this does not scare me. just wanted to pick your brains.

Jan 5, 2006
I'm not the grammar or spelling police, but I would think that any school requires good writing skills from their prospective instructors. ;)

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Mrthomas2002. Once again do a search in the archives. I remember a number of people with open interest in others even without teaching experience or spanish skills to teach business people english. Luck, John