Thanks Verizon,
Thanks Customer service,

HELP please to get thru with VERIZON
:ninja:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm not sure I understood all of your post, but you should get yourself a web-based e-mail account, like Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail, rather than use your Verizon account.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I didn?t get all either. Even if you have an internet service with Verizon it doesn?t mean you need to use their email accounts. I wouldn?t.
Most of the time it does not work, and if it works, it?s the spam part that works.
As Rocky said, use the more safe ones, i.e hotmail, gmail etc etc.

I just heard yesterday, a hotel owner here in POP haven?t had the Verizon email working since Jan 14. No rush in fixing things at Verizon.

Geert

Jan 28, 2005
My Verizon email stopped working, and delivering vast quantities of spam, about 5 weeks ago. I only used it to get a copy of the Verizon invoice which often gets politely flung over the fence and regularly gets lost.
I have two Gmail invites left, pm me is you would like to escape from Verizon mail.
Geert

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Suffering with Verizon!! Endless!!

I agree with Rocky - 100%
* My problem with Verizon, same DSL service, same POP: I use Outlook XP & Word for my email sending & receiving . 2 fine programs.
* I can't connect from Outlook thru Verizon with Yahoo nor Gmail to receive & send email directly with Verizon - Outlook. I can use Verizon to log onto Yahoo or Gmail driectly; but, . . sending emails, esp. long detailed emails, is much more cumbersome using Gmail or Yahoo directly. Suggestions? has anyone else had similar problems? Solutions?
* I'm a part time [Caribbean & Eastern] metaphysician. I think that one must view Verizon philosophicly. The Buddha said "All life is Suffering". He was not a Dominican nor a Verizon customer. But, . . he knw a lot about human nature.
* Perhaps, . . Verizon is part of the Divinity's plan to help us expatriates suffer? Food for thought. Some days, it helps.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
After thoughts - the terror named Verizon!!

After my post a partial "solution" to the problems that plague Funckytown & many of us occurred to me. It works; I've used it; cumbersome & time consuming; but, . . . so is much of life in the 3rd World!

* Visit the Verizon Dominican site - www.verizon.net.do; 1 menu option is to check your email; no info is available in English, naturally. Check this option.

* You must enter your user name & password; very simllar to all email services. Once you have entered your mail box, usually not a problem, you can then read, delete & save all of your email messages on the Verizon server. Slow.

* If you have important emails on the Verizon server, click the 'forward' command & forward a copy of the important emails to your other email account; ex. Yahoo. When the email is delivered to Yahoo, you can reply, save, etc. it just as if it were originally mailed by the sender to Yahoo, for ex.

I tried to send emails to a friend, xyz@comcast.net in the USA; all refused; my friend checked with Comcast; Comcast said that no email whatsoever is permitted from Verizon.net.do to enter Comcast! Why? Verizon's refusal to cooperate in reducing spam. I think that at times Verizon Dominicana is unfairly maligned! Where else could an American multi-billion $ co. bring the internet into the 19th Century? Only in the DR! Only with American $ & Dominican engineering! Que viva la Republica! Will Mexican ownership change this?