is it ok to go to cuba from DR ?

saint_72

May 22, 2006
hey quick question, i'll be visiting DR soon and was wondering if its ok to go to cuba from DR ?

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
No, but Yes...

saint_72 said:
hey quick question, i'll be visiting DR soon and was wondering if its ok to go to cuba from DR ?
If you're an American, it's illegal. Nevertheless, Americans still go, illegally.

-Helpmann :)

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
It's illegal only if ...

... you spend USD$$. It's not illegal for US citizens to go to Cuba but its illegal to "trade with the enemy", meaning : spend US money there as it a highly tradable currency that can be used to train terrorists worldwide (tonugue in cheek comment, but very serious with the US govt.). Then again, it's only illegal if you get caught.

E.

G

gary short

I'm assuming you're American, if so, understand that your passport can't be stamped by Cubans otherwise you'll be hung until dead once you arrive back in the homeland because you're a traitor.
Fly to a central American or Caribbean country and connect with a flight to Cuba........bla..bla...bla.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
If you ask they will not stamp your US passport when entering or leaving Cuba. They know how to play the game and are more interested in your dollars. Don't however use your credit card or check both leave a paper trail.

Bob K

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You don?t have to ask not to stamp your passport, they never stamp U.S. passports. Also, U. S. credit cards are not accepted in Cuba at all.