Florist or Flowers in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

sersels

May 22, 2006
I'm getting married in POP at the end of June.

Can anyone reccomend:
1. A great but inexpensive florist
2. A place where we could buy flowers and make the arrangements ourselves?

We are looking for flowers that are tropical and are local to the area and that will last through the heat. I think I would like to put an orchid in my hair.

Any suggestions and reccomendations would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Flowers

Okay, this is going to sound a bit general but I will do my best....

My husband and I got married just outside of POP about a year and a half ago. We did not get married on a resort and I was totally not impressed with the floral bouquets that local florists were showing us for our flowers so I decided to make them myself. My husband's aunt and I went into POP the day before our wedding and bought all the flowers we would need from a street vendor for less than $80/CDN. We put them in a big bucket of water until the next day. I got up really early to make them all but it was worth it - they were beautiful. I also bought ribbon at a wedding store in POP to wrap the stems in. With those flowers I made a full bouquet of flowers for myself, my bridesmaid, and about 7 boutineers (sp?). The market is always in the same spot. If your husband calls my husband's aunt, she can tell you where. PM me and I will give you her phone number and name.

Status
Not open for further replies.