Need advice for school for local Dominican

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
I hope for some good advice from some of you in Sto Domingo:

I have a steady Dominican girl friend. She has 3 kids ( not from me !) 6y, 23y and 16y olds. They go to public school and know absolutely nothing about anything.

She lives in Arroyo Hondo in a nice apt, but does not drive.

I want to send the kids to some private school nearby at my cost.

I went to St Thomas Aquinas..very good possibility for the little one...no good for the older ones...they don't speak English. The only thing is that the little devil is rather dark skin....and St Thomas is very light skin.....this could be a problem,,,I am told. What do you think?

There is a large Catholic school near Polla on calle chicito...40 students per teacher....cheap...but 40 kids per teacher does not sound so good....

There is a nun school near Mercado National in Arroyo Hondo but it feels terrible..all worn down and in need of some serious money.....

Any practical suggestion?:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Pacito, have you looked at the Community for Learning or is that beyond comfortable walking distance? Arroyo Hondo is spread out over a large area, and CfL is beyond Cuesta Hermosa, en route to Puerta de Hierro.

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
thanks chrimoya

Sounds like a bilingual school....the 2 older girls do not speak any English realy.
This is why it would be diff. for them to adapt....I think I need a good Spanish school for them.

The little one at 6 years anything is possible. But the mother would prefer they all go the same school....frankly it would make transportation and supervision somewhat more efficient.

Girl friend lives walking dist to Mercado National of Arroyo Hondo.