BEWARE - Caribbean Village Playa Dorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

Mar 31, 2006
Just got back from Puerto Plata and were originally scheduled to stay 7 days at Caribbean Village Playa Dorado. Within hours of arrival to this filthy resort, we were trying to figure out a way to get into someplace else, as quick as possible. We were aware that this was rated only a 3-star resort but let me tell you truthfully - this place should not even be on the richter scale - so to speak!! It was filthy and in bad need of major renovations everywhere we looked. We not only had bugs on the floor of our room, BUT ALSO IN OUR BED!!!!!!!! Gnats flying around our heads inside our room. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! The pool was filthy scummy, restaurant just as dirty!!! By 11am the next day, we were blessed enough to be able to get outta this place. We consider ourselves pretty tolerant travelers and have been around the block, and felt this place shouldn't even be taking guests in.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Debbie
Cleveland, OH

Jan 5, 2006
From my personal experience; and not that I've stayed at every resort in Playa Dorada; that complex as a whole is in need of some sprucing up. I've found the Gran Ventana to be the best of the bunch at Playa Dorada, and even that place is far below the two places in Costa Dorada (Marien Hilton and Iberostar), Sun Village in Cofresi, or the 3 Riu hotels in Maimon.

Tashi

Mar 31, 2006
Hi Everybody,

We ended up staying at Occidental Allegro Playa Dorado and HAD A BALL!!!! A fine resort; clean, great food, great staff, darned good entertainment. And of course, all the ice cold Presidente you could wish for, hehehe!!! We were in Room 4306, right on the beach!!! It was dreamy!!! Like I said, we were at the new resort by the next day at 11am so everything worked out for us. We are not the kind to bad mouth any resorts. For those of you who know me, you know that is true. But I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to any of you fine folks on this board, that is why I posted a short review.

Debbie

THE BACHELOR

Feb 21, 2006
sORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR ISSUES WITH THE RESORT

Can You Tell Me Anythinig About The Paradise Beach Resort...it Is Also Locatedin Playa Dorado

Thank You.

Johnny

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
BACHELOR:

You and your crew are going to be miserable in Playa Dorado complex.
Do yourself a favor, and get a regular hotel with a bunch of rooms in Sosua.

This was already discussed as I realize you have another screen name.

T.

Status
Not open for further replies.