Presidente beer

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
I,m going through New York state on my way to North Carolina this weekend,does any one know if they sell Presidente in Buffalo or Rochester.
thanks
Hifiman

Tashi

Mar 31, 2006
Man, if they do, let me know!!! I have friends who live in Rochester and I will have to let them know so they can bring us some to Cleveland, hehehe!! Love that Dominican nectar, yummmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Presidente is sold in Rochester at:

Beers of the World
3450 Winton Pl
Rochester, NY 14623-2805
Phone: (585)427-2852

10naik4.jpg

They are the source of the "little green guys" who attend our Dominican Fiesta annually.

Gregg

Jan 5, 2006
You can also buy it in NJ on your way down. However, as windeguy pointed out, it is not the same as what you get in DR. I have done a side by side comparison and not even the color is the same. :(

G

gary short

hifiman said:
I,m going through New York state on my way to North Carolina this weekend,does any one know if they sell Presidente in Buffalo or Rochester.
thanks
Hifiman
Hope you're not drinking and driving on the way down............"good consternoon aftable"

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
gary short said:
Hope you're not drinking and driving on the way down............"good consternoon aftable"

Na..the consumption will start when we get back from North Carolina:cheeky:

Thanks for the info Fireguy.

Tashi

Mar 31, 2006
I did not know that our dear friends in Rochester had that Dominican Nectar at their fingertips!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmmmmmm!!! Another verrrry good reason for a road trip out to their neck of the woods. They had better hurry and get to The Big Fiesta Par-Tay then if they are bringing that good stuff, hehehehe!! Hurrry up and get there you guys!!!!!!! Hehehee!!! And bring ALOT OF IT!!! WHOOOO WHEEEEE!! :cheeky:

Waiting impatiently for Fiesta....
Debbie and Jim

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
I would gladly bring some back for the fiesta,but there are to many days in between now and july........ it simply would not last in my house.
How bad is that;)

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
hifiman said:
I would gladly bring some back for the fiesta,but there are to many days in between now and july........ it simply would not last in my house.
How bad is that;)
Fortunately one of our directors lives in Rochester - and doesn't buy it until the last minute... to ensure the supply.

Gregg

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
I hope you bring lots for the fiesta......we wouldn't want to run out and cause a riot;)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
The Presidente exported to the US really is a different tasting beer. For one thing it has a lower alcohol content.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Celt202 said:
The Presidente exported to the US really is a different tasting beer. For one thing it has a lower alcohol content.
Not true! Many years ago that was true (there was a law that beer couldn't have more than x% alcohol, but that law was changed between 5 and 10 years ago).

amigoted

RD$35 and a Ham Sandwich!
Nov 12, 2003
The presidente that is exported is processed differently than the local brew this insures a longer shelf life! I don't know all the exact details!
Ted

Jan 5, 2006
Guys, just try it for yourself as I already have. Bring back a "grande" on your next trip and compare it to what's available here in the states. You will see that the color and taste are very different.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
rellosk said:
Not true! Many years ago that was true (there was a law that beer couldn't have more than x% alcohol, but that law was changed between 5 and 10 years ago).

No me digas! If that's true I may fly to the US next winter to enjoy the snow and Presidente. :p

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I ahve never seen any in any of the grocery stores when we are in Buffalo, but there could be some bars/restaurants that sell it. I just don't know of any in Buffalo.

Even though they share the border with Canada, you are hard pressed to find many different Canadian beers in Buffalo, but you can find all sorts of American beer in Toronto.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Celt202 said:
No me digas! If that's true I may fly to the US next winter to enjoy the snow and Presidente. :p
Don't bother. Presidente tastes much better in the sun (or on the beach, which you can't do on most US beaches) than in the snow.