Aparments i Santo Domingo?

Elmarco

Mar 15, 2006
Hello guys!

Do you know where i can find apartment for rent i Santo Domingo? Any site on the web good?
How much do they cost now? For about 3-4 years ago you could find a ok aparment i s.d for about 3000-6000 $RD a month.

Thank you

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
Gazcue?

I'm not the OP, so pardon my hijack, but what about a one bedroom in Gazcue? Possible for 15,000 RD or less? Furnished or unfurnished? Could I expect parking or no? Could I expect security or an inversor?

Sorry to pile on the questions, but one more:

Would I be able to locate such an apartment myself -- pounding the pavement and scouring the newspapers? I have a week of hotel time to get the job done. It doesnt *have* to be Gazcue, but from reading past threads that would seem to be a good fit. The job will be in Piantini, but I dont think I could afford that and I'm single so wouldnt mind a little life in the neighborhood.

Any pointers are much appreciated! I move in July and am nervous and excited.

:cheeky:

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
fighting irish, it is possible yes, but it would take some pavement pounding and most that you find would be expensive. But they exist. A friend of mine just got astudio in a famous old apt builidng on Pasteur for 250 US a month. For a while I had my hands on two apts at 14,000, both 2 bedroom apts with parking. Good secuirity usually comes with a higher maintenance fee.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You are not going to find a good deal via this message board, but you will get the right advice. Pavement pounding and networking will lead you to the right apartment. Walk around the areas you like, if you see a for rent sign, write down the number and get a Dominican friend to call to negotiate the price. If you're a gringo doing the negotiating, expect to pay 50-100% more :)

You will also find some good info in this article.

http://www.dr1.com/articles/renting.shtml

Also take a look in the local papers to get an idea of prices, they have 100's of rental ads.

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
thanks

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, my american-accented spanish probably sounds like money in the bank. I will have to enlist some friends.

Elmarco

Mar 15, 2006
Okey. Thans for the help.
So im going to have to pay 8000-14000 pesos for a apertment?
Man, thats expensive. Are the prices still going up?

Thank you

Elmarco

Mar 15, 2006
macocael said:
no longer, try 8000 to 14 000 or more. what area do you want to live in and what do you require?

I dont have to live in a fancy area, but ofcourse no ghetto.
I need 2 bedrooms, no parking.

Thank you

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
thx

Thanks JD... That is heartening. Sitting on this side of the ocean, it's easy to become anxious, thinking "When I get there I will never find anything."

In what neighborhoods did you wife find these places?

Best of luck in your own search!

Grant