Employment in management or event planning

hip1

May 22, 2006
I have experience as the owner of two restaurants in the US, as well as Director of Catering for a major American hotel, and Account Manager at a large incentive travel company. I am not yet fluent in Spanish, but I am able to speak in limited conversations (particularly in areas related to my work), and am continuing with intensive private tutoring to improve my Spanish-speaking skills. What is the likelihood of my finding gainful employment in Santo Domingo? Any suggestions? If landing a job with a good salary is not likely, how difficult is it to start a business in Santo Domingo (my areas of expertise are in event planning and restaurants)?

londongirl

May 1, 2006
Have you checked out the business link on this site?
Thats a good place to start - gives some good advice re the legal side of things.
Also is worth talking to local people when you are next in DR re the restaurant side and just doing the obvious really - walking around, looking at whats 'working' there currently, where there may be a gap in the market etc........particulary on the catering for tourist side.
I too am looking for work there!