Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default High Demand Jobs in Canada

Here is the list of HIGH DEMAND JOBS FOR FOREIGN WORKERS by Immigration Canada:

Roofers & Shinglers
    Chefs
    Carpenters
    Cabinetmakers
    Tool & Die Makers
    Bricklayers
    Construction
    Welders

Mining Engineers
    Oil & Gas Workers
    Mechanical Engineers
    Cooks
    Registered Nurses
    Cement Finishers
    Automotive
    Healthcare

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good list Rina but here's the catch 22.

Some of those positions that require a license/papers by the unions or provinces will have to take the course or write the exam all over again when they reach Canada. Equivalency test. That's why most professionals drive taxis even if they were doctors in their own country.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an unfortunate fact in Canada, which is ashame because we are in much need of these professionals, and they are wasting their skills at menial jobs. At the same time as our health care system is failing our doctors are leaving the country to pursue offers elsewhere. Doesn't a doctor trained in the Middle East or Europe have the same skills to save lives as a doctor in Canada?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by curlyq
    This is an unfortunate fact in Canada, which is ashame because we are in much need of these professionals, and they are wasting their skills at menial jobs. At the same time as our health care system is failing our doctors are leaving the country to pursue offers elsewhere. Doesn't a doctor trained in the Middle East or Europe have the same skills to save lives as a doctor in Canada?

To me, as long as they could communicate effectively and know all the medical terms in English, as well as being familiar with many common ailments to our country, there should be an equivalency exam where they shouldn't have to go through the hoops of starting at square one. Our doctors should have the opportunity to make the same kind of $$$ as doctors in the US, but for that to happen, realistically, we'd need to privatize Health Care, and on a large-scale, I don't think anyone wants that. I do believe that private clinics should be available so that those that can afford it can pay to have medical work done faster, giving a break to those that cannot afford it by freeing up space in the public sector.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you Trina.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

There is much waste in our system in Canada and many 'interest' groups that exert too much control, however I must agree that those who can afford to pay for private care should be able to 'purchase at a premium' faster service which many indeed do by going to other countries (such as the US or DR).
    Beats the heck out of me why I can't pay a 'private' facility for an MRI or CT scan in Canada but I can fly to Florida for $99. and have one done there the same day.
    As for the list of needed workers....notice that many of them are skilled professions or trades and most Dominicans who would want to emigrate wouldn't qualify!
    Many years ago we 'sponsored' relatives from Italy wanting to emigrate to Canada and even tho' one had a skilled trade that was in demand on the 'list' at that time we still had to advertise the position for one full year across Canada before the relative was given permission to 'land' in Canada!

gary short

Listen up......when the Canadian government won't adequately fund public health care and people like you have to resort to private clinics. There is a problam with...............WHO YOU VOTED FOR............SO DON'T B!TCH!!!!!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default can I get me a job in Canada

WTF
    I want a goog job too.
    And I got all the qaulifications

gary short

OK katty what is it that you've got all the qualifications for?

gary short

Quote Originally Posted by Rina2
    Here is the list of HIGH DEMAND JOBS FOR FOREIGN WORKERS by Immigration Canada:

Roofers & Shinglers
    Chefs
    Carpenters
    Cabinetmakers
    Tool & Die Makers
    Bricklayers
    Construction
    Welders

Mining Engineers
    Oil & Gas Workers
    Mechanical Engineers
    Cooks