Somewhere I can watch football in Santiago

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Anyone know of a place where I can watch the World Cup in Santiago ?

My team, Ecuador, is playing on June 9th and I want to see them play against Poland, and it happens that I'll be in Santiago for a few days.

Please let know ! Gracias

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Club AZB

There is a gentleman that posts here under the name AZB that has the largest TV in The Cibao valley. I am sure he will invite you to his villa if you bring snacks and drinks!

I have watched NFL games in The Sport's Bar in The Hotel Gran Almirante and am almost positive their satelite feed will get The World Cup if plan A does not work out.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Is it football season? There is a nice new betting center downtown. I will have to get the address for you. It is on the road that runs between El Encanto and the Monument. Someone else may have better information. Anyway this place is nice.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Tamborista said:
There is a gentleman that posts here under the name AZB that has the largest TV in The Cibao valley. I am sure he will invite you to his villa if you bring snacks and drinks!

I have watched NFL games in The Sport's Bar in The Hotel Gran Almirante and am almost positive their satelite feed will get The World Cup if plan A does not work out.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I had actually PM'ed him before about another issue (I really needed to see a chiropractor) and told me he will be abroad. Oh well !

Thanks for the Gran Almirante idea !

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Snuffy said:
Is it football season? There is a nice new betting center downtown. I will have to get the address for you. It is on the road that runs between El Encanto and the Monument. Someone else may have better information. Anyway this place is nice.

Yeah, it's going to be a long month and I'm going to try to watch most games.

Let me know the address, so I can check it out too.. I'd greatly appreciate it ! gracias.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Look here is what you do. You go to El Encanto. You start walking toward the Monument. You will find betting center on the left side of street. Once you get to El Encanto you will understand. Trust me and try it. When I was there the background music was nice soft jazz versus what you normally get here...carnival music. I believe there are large screen TVs and many smaller ones. Very nice atmosphere.

You are not by any chance....Elvis, the greatest lover in the world....the guy that hangs out in Santiago by the name of Elvis and says he puts Hugh Hefner to shame?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Stop playing with the guy, already!!! Look, ESPN is televising the whole 64 games. Anyone with ASTER cable will have the games. Me included.!!

HB :D:D

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Snuffy said:
You are not by any chance....Elvis, the greatest lover in the world....the guy that hangs out in Santiago by the name of Elvis and says he puts Hugh Hefner to shame?

That's me ! ;)

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Hillbilly said:
Stop playing with the guy, already!!! Look, ESPN is televising the whole 64 games. Anyone with ASTER cable will have the games. Me included.!!

HB :D:D

Who was playing with me ? :)

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Snuffy said:
Look here is what you do. You go to El Encanto. You start walking toward the Monument. You will find betting center on the left side of street. Once you get to El Encanto you will understand. Trust me and try it. When I was there the background music was nice soft jazz versus what you normally get here...carnival music. I believe there are large screen TVs and many smaller ones. Very nice atmosphere.

I think its on Restauracion and its called 5 points, nice place and cute girls.