Salt thrown in front of s.o.?s business door

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
I heard of people who had their locks glued with coqui or so, to express some customers dissatisfaction probably.
But what does it mean when someone gets salt thrown in front of their business door?
Some voodoo or what?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Rocky said:
Trying to make them believe there is a voodoo curse.

It is definitely not voodoo, too unsophisticated... Anyway, the use of salt for spells and magic is a worldwide practice. ...and it is always used for good (protection, warding off evil, attracting business, even a lover...)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Mirador said:
It is definitely not voodoo, too unsophisticated... Anyway, the use of salt for spells and magic is a worldwide practice. ...and it is always used for good (protection, warding off evil, attracting business, even a lover...)

salt is suppose to make things bad for u, if someone through salt in front of the door is probably for evil, "estar salao" (literally means being salty) but it means having bad luck in your life.
but like those things, is superstitious so If u believe is bad then it will be bad.

benzan

Jun 7, 2004
In Japanese restaurants before they open for business they place a small amount of salt to bring in business

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Here goes...!

gerd said:
what does it mean when someone gets salt thrown in front of their business door?
Some voodoo or what?
To bring your business BAD LUCK. Nothing more.

Don't believe in that crap, throw water on it and sweep it. And while you are sweeping it, hit the guy who threw it on the head with the sweeper's stick!. LOL.

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
Never mind, didn?t happen to me, neither do I believe in stuff like this.
But I wanted to know what the intention was.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
gerd said:
Never mind, didn?t happen to me, neither do I believe in stuff like this.
But I wanted to know what the intention was.

Nothing wrong with believing stuff like this. Actually it is quite healthy ... ;-)