Income Taxes Question...

Alma Dominicana

Sep 21, 2004
Is it true that a canadian citizen has to fill out a form named "Determination of residency status (leaving canada)" before relocationg to another country, for income tax purposes??

Alma Dominicana

Sep 21, 2004
Thank you for your reply.

If I dont work in Canada anymore what is the point of filing the report?? I am not at the age of retirement, so I will be working in DR. Do I have to declare my revenue and pay taxes to the canadian government?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If you are a permanent resident of the DR and do not have a residence in Canada, you do not have to pay income tax or declare money made in the DR to the Canadian Government. If you are retired, working in the DR but returning to Canada within the year, you have to fill out a income tax form for Canada. If in doubt phone the income tax department. I know that if you are retired with a government pension, the Canadian government will with-hold 25% of your pension for income tax. The DR government will not tax your pension. Canada does have a tax agreement with the DR government.

Alma Dominicana

Sep 21, 2004
Thanks, I did call the income tax department and they told me I did not have to fill out the form if I was not sure how long I was going to stay in DR.

I just want to make sure I wont get in trouble if I work in DR during my stay.

G

gary short

Alma Dominicana said:
Thanks, I did call the income tax department and they told me I did not have to fill out the form if I was not sure how long I was going to stay in DR.

I just want to make sure I wont get in trouble if I work in DR during my stay.

GEEEEZZZUSSSS..............I bet you had them rolling on the floor. You get the good citizens ............................wait a minute .........you work for those mf's don't ya???????:paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid: