bank account Fraud,Banco del Progresso

zmth

May 30, 2006
Opened an account with Banco del Progresso Feb. 2001 and everything was ok till about year or two ago. NOW they have discontinued my account.
In Spanish they reply with the english equivalent of " i am not a member of the bank, do not have an account !!! which is
"Usuario no es cliente del banco."By now my account balance should have been larger than ever which including all interest deposits more
than $18,000. I last made a withdrawel there Jan 2004. They ignore all requests. Even the same person who emailed me in 2001 giving my balance now
ignores. It is not a matter of dormant account as have periodic deposits.
I give detailed as anyone could of all personal info. etc. and either they ignore or the reply is "Usuario no es cliente del banco." Anyone know
of government agency to handle such fraud? There are none in USA as already tried- they only handle us affiliated banks.
Is there any agency in Dom. rep that can help and what is their email?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
For some reason this poster has posted this question in four different forums. I suggest than any answers to his questions be done in this thread.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
zmth said:
Opened an account with Banco del Progresso Feb. 2001 and everything was ok till about year or two ago. NOW they have discontinued my account.
In Spanish they reply with the english equivalent of " i am not a member of the bank, do not have an account !!! which is
"Usuario no es cliente del banco."By now my account balance should have been larger than ever which including all interest deposits more
than $18,000. I last made a withdrawel there Jan 2004. They ignore all requests. Even the same person who emailed me in 2001 giving my balance now
ignores. It is not a matter of dormant account as have periodic deposits.
I give detailed as anyone could of all personal info. etc. and either they ignore or the reply is "Usuario no es cliente del banco." Anyone know
of government agency to handle such fraud? There are none in USA as already tried- they only handle us affiliated banks.
Is there any agency in Dom. rep that can help and what is their email?

Do you have any evidence which may back your statements, such as copy of deposits, account numbers, checks or a deposit book? If you do so, you may first hire an attorney or go through a friend of a friend with ties in the Superintendencia de Bancos. If no results are obtained, then you could file suit against the bank for breach of contract ( that is if you're able to find an attorney that thinks your case has the merits to go ahead with it). Of course you would need to have some kind of evidence of you being their client and of the funds that were deposited there.