45 Years Ago Today

coleman509

May 20, 2006
Just wondering if there are any older dominicans out there that remember what they were doing today when they got the news of Trujillo's assassination.
I'm sure it was an emotional time. I'm still looking for a source to buy "feast of the goat" DVD. Anybody?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
dubbed copy

coleman509 said:
Just wondering if there are any older dominicans out there that remember what they were doing today when they got the news of Trujillo's assassination.
I'm sure it was an emotional time. I'm still looking for a source to buy "feast of the goat" DVD. Anybody?

dubbed spanish copys availiable on El Conde y Duarte santo domingo

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
coleman509 said:
....I'm sure it was an emotional time. I'm still looking for a source to buy "feast of the goat" DVD. Anybody?

Upon the news of his death, there was a massive popular outpouring of grief. His funeral was attended by thousands of common folk who had worshipped him as much they had feared him. Trujillo had no resemblance to the skinny whippersnapper who plays his part in "The Feast of the Goat". Trujillo cut an impossing figure, almost supernatural.... His gaze was feline, and his fastidiousness for detail let nothing escape his attention....

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
If you want a real Trujillo movie, I recommend "El Poder del Jefe documentary" series by Ren? Fortunato. It is powerful, just like the man......... If only Golo was still around to share his memories, wasn't he the biggest Trujillista on DR1?

Peace,
Capo

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Just in case you are considering holding a Trujillo revival event... ;-)

joel pacheco said:
Has the DR held any kind of events to mark this occasion? TV specials, anything?

Where is Golo?:paranoid:

Joel, there is a law still in the books (Ley No. 5880 del 2 de mayo de 1962) that establishes penalties for praising, exalting or glorifying Trujillo and his tyrannical and antidemocratic regime, in the same vain as current laws in certain countries that criminalize the glorification of terrorism or denial of the Holocaust....

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
The good that was done and the evil that undone the good!

Yeah, he did good but his evil will outdo any good that he had done. I listen to the oldtimers talk about him in still hushed tones still in fear of his wrath.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Pretty good!

capodominicano said:
If you want a real Trujillo movie, I recommend "El Poder del Jefe documentary" series by Ren? Fortunato. It is powerful, just like the man......... If only Golo was still around to share his memories, wasn't he the biggest Trujillista on DR1?

Peace,
Capo
Very nice documentary. Full of clips and stories. Great stuff.

I swear, when I watch him read one of his speeches(written by Balaguer), I can see why just about EVERYBODY was afraid of the man!.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2003
The Rene Fortunado Films

I was glad to finally hear a recording of Trujillo's voice. Biographers always described it as being high pitched. I didn't think it sounded all that high pitched at all.

The films also showed footage of many Trujillo Era people that I had difficulties finding a photos of. Now if I could only locate a photo of General Arturo Espalliat without sun glasses!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
joel pacheco said:
... Now if I could only locate a photo of General Arturo Espalliat without sun glasses!

Joel, you've been after a clear photograph of Navajita for some time now. What do you need it for? are you trying to tie him in with the motley crew of spooks who met in Dallas on November 22, 1963? Did you look in the DR's National Archives? Have you searched the West Point Academy year book for 1943? I believe you told me once you got nowhere with his surviving relatives... By the way, Navajita also died in a car accident. Isen't it strange that all these people who worked closely with El Jefe were also bad drivers?...

Sep 20, 2003
A note to Mr. Conspiracy

Mirador,

For starters, Arturo Espaillat shot himself on September 26, 1969. He was not killed in a car wreck. He was badly injured in one in 1966, and suffered severe leg injuries. Berhard Deiderich wrote that General Espaillat became despondent at the prospect of another leg operation and that was the cause of his suicide.

I have never attempted to contact any of Espaillat's relatives. I did hear while in Santo Domingo that his wife is still alive.

I did search for his photo and even had a Dominican friend look through archived newspapers, and could find nothing but the same photos with sun glasses.

Mirador, I am not the one for conspiracies, you are. Did I post that Colonel Johnnie Abbes Garcia faked his death and was possibly living under a false identity? No. You did. Did I post that President Roumlo Betancourt of Venezuela was homosexual and on the CIA payroll? No. You did. Did I post that Profirio Rubirosa was murdered? No. You did.

You really should do some research on these topics before you start throwing around your conspiracy bomb shells. To say the least, they strain credulity. If you are going to make statements like you do, then state the source material for what you write. Don't simply end every cryptic post with the ...(Dot.Dot.Dot.) :rolleyes:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
joel pacheco said:
Mirador,

For starters, Arturo Espaillat shot himself on September 26, 1969. He was not killed in a car wreck. He was badly injured in one in 1966, and suffered severe leg injuries. Berhard Deiderich wrote that General Espaillat became despondent at the prospect of another leg operation and that was the cause of his suicide.

I have never attempted to contact any of Espaillat's relatives. I did hear while in Santo Domingo that his wife is still alive.

I did search for his photo and even had a Dominican friend look through archived newspapers, and could find nothing but the same photos with sun glasses.

Mirador, I am not the one for conspiracies, you are. Did I post that Colonel Johnnie Abbes Garcia faked his death and was possibly living under a false identity? No. You did. Did I post that President Roumlo Betancourt of Venezuela was homosexual and on the CIA payroll? No. You did. Did I post that Profirio Rubirosa was murdered? No. You did.

You really should do some research on these topics before you start throwing around your conspiracy bomb shells. To say the least, they strain credulity. If you are going to make statements like you do, then state the source material for what you write. Don't simply end every cryptic post with the ...(Dot.Dot.Dot.) :rolleyes:

Joel, sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you..., and mine are not conspiracy theories, they are conspiracy stories, or stories about conspirators, like Johnny Abbes Garcia, Romulo Betancourt, Porfirio Rubirosa, and Arturo R. Espaillat R.... And by the way, General Espaillat did not die in 1969, but in 1967, at the age of 46, from a suspicious gunshot wound to his left temple (Espaillat was right handed...), in his second floor apartment on Hermanos Deligne, Gazcue, a short walk from your favorite home in Santo Domingo!!!

!!!

Sep 20, 2003
Get your story straight

:eek:
Mirador said:
Joel, sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you..., and mine are not conspiracy theories, they are conspiracy stories, or stories about conspirators, like Johnny Abbes Garcia, Romulo Betancourt, Porfirio Rubirosa, and Arturo R. Espaillat R.... And by the way, General Espaillat did not die in 1969, but in 1967, at the age of 46, from a suspicious gunshot wound to his left temple (Espaillat was right handed...), in his second floor apartment on Hermanos Deligne, Gazcue, a short walk from your favorite home in Santo Domingo!!!

!!!

Why don't you post the source for General Espaillat? I'm always interested in new information. I know from my own research that history books can differ on dates, places, names, etc. You simply offer no books to research that would support your "stories". If there is some dispute over the date of his death, post it.

Why did you state before that General Espaillat was killed in a car wreck? (Navajita="Razor", Arturo's nickname)

Conspiracy "stories" or "theories", at the very LEAST post your sources. The stories you have told are not published in any books that I know of, or that you are even willing to post as source material.

Really Mirador, the stories you tell.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
joel pacheco said:
: ... at the very LEAST post your sources. The stories you have told are not published in any books that I know of, or that you are even willing to post as source material....

I'm not allowed to...my sources you know...are mostly through channelling... care for a reading?

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Mirador said:

!!!

Shot in the left temple?
Was that near the grassy knoll?
Was he friends with Vince Foster?
Did he ever invest in Arkansas real estate?
How about in the Texas oil business?

;)

Scandall

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Frank the Tank said:
I heard that he was the last person with Elvis before he died..........

It's possible that he prepared the ham sandwich for Mamma Cass...and forced Mikey from the Life Cereal commercials to mix Coca Cola with Pop Rocks.

Scandall

May 12, 2005
Mirador, I fgured out who is responsible for all of those "mysterious" deaths. It was Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick. I beleive he was just retained by the C.I.A and is after your boy Hugo Chavez. This time he plans on using the rope.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Frank the Tank said:
Mirador, I fgured out who is responsible for all of those "mysterious" deaths. It was Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick. I beleive he was just retained by the C.I.A and is after your boy Hugo Chavez. This time he plans on using the rope.

Personally, I have no clue... But if I was to venture a wild guess, I'd say it was Professor Plum, in the Lounge, with the the lead pipe....

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
finally an interesting thread Iam eager to check out the documentary. The feast of the ghoat was a horrible let down for me. The book was facinating and the movie barely dipped into it. I guess thereason was there are so many family memebers still alive they didnt want to offend them. But like I always say about books turned into movies , "Tell the damn story or dont tell the damn story" I get so ****ed off when I read a good book and the movie is some idiots "interpretation" of the book . The story is already written tell the authors story or rename the movie , youve rewritten , what the hell...