Sosua weather in June/July

speshuk

May 31, 2006
Hi there,

I have booked my honeymoon to Sosua from June 24th for two weeks, but the weather reports I have been checking are scaring me! They all say scattered Thunderstorms, cloudy and rainy conditions.

Hubby and I were looking forward to spending our honeymoon relaxing in the sun, but it doesnt look like our wish will come true :disappoin
Please can you let me know if these stormy and cloudy conditions are likely to continue to July? And if they are, do they last all day, or are we likely to come home all tanned and relaxed?

Thanks for your help,

Spesh

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
speshuk said:
Please can you let me know if these stormy and cloudy conditions are likely to continue to July? And if they are, do they last all day, or are we likely to come home all tanned and relaxed? Spesh
Weather in the tropics can change in a matter of minutes.
Surely you don't think that Sosua weather can be predicted 25 days in advance.
The odds are that you will see some sunshine everyday that you are here, and that it would be more than enough to burn you to a crisp.
That's about all the predicting one can do.
PS. If you would like to join us for the 4th of July BBQ party on Sunday July 2nd, just let us know.
We would be pleased to meet you.

speshuk

May 31, 2006
Rocky said:
Weather in the tropics can change in a matter of minutes.
Surely you don't think that Sosua weather can be predicted 25 days in advance.
The odds are that you will see some sunshine everyday that you are here, and that it would be more than enough to burn you to a crisp.
That's about all the predicting one can do.
PS. If you would like to join us for the 4th of July BBQ party on Sunday July 2nd, just let us know.
We would be pleased to meet you.

Thanks for your reply. Nope, I didn't think you could predict the weather in advance, I've been checking the 5 day forecasts which have been enough to make me flap about spending all this money for a rainy holiday, but you have kindly put my mind at rest.

Our honeymoon is actually a year on from when we got hitched, we thought we would spend our first anniversary on our honeymoon, which happens to be on July 2nd. So your BBQ sounds like a fab idea :)

Thanks

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
speshuk said:
Our honeymoon is actually a year on from when we got hitched, we thought we would spend our first anniversary on our honeymoon, which happens to be on July 2nd. So your BBQ sounds like a fab idea :)

Thanks
That's awesome.
It just so happens to be my Birthday, as well, so all the more reason to party.
Look forward to meeting you and will add you to the guest list.
Are you any good on the BBQ?
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=401609#post401609

speshuk

May 31, 2006
Rocky said:
That's awesome.
It just so happens to be my Birthday, as well, so all the more reason to party.
Look forward to meeting you and will add you to the guest list.
Are you any good on the BBQ?
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=401609#post401609

The other half is from South Africa, BBQ-ing is what they are best at.

Let's hope it doesn't rain, eh? ;)

We've never been to DR before, so tell me, is this place far from Casa Marina Reef?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
speshuk said:
The other half is from South Africa, BBQ-ing is what they are best at.
Does that mean you are volunteering the other half?
BTW: There will be other DR1ers at the BBQ, who are from S.A.

Let's hope it doesn't rain, eh? ;)[/QUOTE]Not a chance, besides, we have open air areas with rooves.

We've never been to DR before, so tell me, is this place far from Casa Marina Reef? [/QUOTE]
Almost spitting distance, lol.
It's a 5 minute walk.

speshuk

May 31, 2006
Splendid, they will all have it covered then.

Can you link me to any pics you have of Sosua? The ones I have seen are all brochure types, I am excited to go but don't know what to expect.

Cheers

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Beads said:
expect a town full of fun loving friendly people! especially at that party!
That's because you're going to be there.
If you don't want to log 2 hours in on the BBQ, then you'll have to be the life of the party.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Rocky said:
There will be other DR1ers at the BBQ, who are from S.A.

OK, I'll bite! Where in South Africa and what language? and where are you coming from and can you bring me some Pro Nutro ;) Btw, these guys here in the DR don't know much about barbercuing, they just pretend, but we'll forgive them...

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Chris said:
No can do .. it is a deeply significant cultural experience ;)
In that case, you could bring something deeply cultural for us to eat, without anybody finding out your deep dark S.A. secrets.
What's your speciality?

And, just to stay on track, How's the weather?

speshuk

May 31, 2006
Chris said:
OK, I'll bite! Where in South Africa and what language? and where are you coming from and can you bring me some Pro Nutro ;) Btw, these guys here in the DR don't know much about barbercuing, they just pretend, but we'll forgive them...

I'm british, he's from Jo'burg, but we live in London. I'm learning your lingo though, well I know how to say 'braai', but it's a start, hey? ;)
He's also an English Saffer.
So no pro nutro for you, soz.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
speshuk said:
He's also an English Saffer.
Sheesh...
Now we have to try to decode S.A. lingo?
Y'all better be real good on the BBQ, if you expect us to forgive you for making us crazy with your funny talk...

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
speshuk said:

Well hell!, I tried. Looking forward to meeting you at Rockys for the bb'que .. :laugh::laugh:

OK, Rocky, the choices are desert or salad? Uhm, for the weather, after this commercial break, we'll now return to the weather forum ... :laugh::laugh:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Chris said:
OK, Rocky, the choices are desert or salad? Uhm, for the weather, after this commercial break, we'll now return to the weather forum ... :laugh::laugh:
Desert?? Did you say Desert?
Hmmm yum yum....
Oh, and morning has broken anhd the sun is shining.