Can Anyone Say "fooore"?

THE BEST DOMINICAN GOLF COURSE IS....

• Santo Domingo Country Club (Santo Domingo)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isabel Villas Country Club (Santo Domingo)

• The Links Golf Course (La Romana)

• Los Marlins Country Club (Juan Dolio)

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Ah Golf! Thank God for Scotland and their "brilliant" people for inventing this very favorite sport on a worldwide level.

The Dominican Republic can be considered the golf capital of the Caribbean (and perhaps of the entire Central American area) with over 20 golf courses located north and east of the Cordillera Central.

Here you can pick your favorite golf courses of the DR!

There are only 10 options to choose from due to constraints in the number of options I can place in any given poll.

However, you can vote more than one golf course.

-NALs

DISCLAIMER: THIS AND ALL POLLS ONLY REFLECTS THE OPINIONS OF DR1 MEMBERS WHO CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Among real golfers, Cocotal is considered to be a very good course. Playa Grande is a great course, but has never had that much publicity. Teeth of the Dog is a fine layout but it is there to make money and it does.

You did not put Dye Fore on there! The Dye Fore course is perhaps an equal to Playa Grande. Also missing is Las Lagunas National Course.

HB

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Hillbilly said:
Among real golfers, Cocotal is considered to be a very good course. Playa Grande is a great course, but has never had that much publicity. Teeth of the Dog is a fine layout but it is there to make money and it does.

You did not put Dye Fore on there! The Dye Fore course is perhaps an equal to Playa Grande. Also missing is Las Lagunas National Course.

HB
HB, I tried to keep at most two courses per area (to avoid people blaming me of favoritism, although the south could not be represented because there are no golf courses there.)

-NALs

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Hillbilly said:

HB

Is any of those the one we played in Jarabacoa? I loved the mountain views there!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
MerengueDutchie said:
Is any of those the one we played in Jarabacoa? I loved the mountain views there!
Nope, none of those is Jarabacoa. I do so agree with you about the mountain views there though, that girl at the bar is a real corker especially when she leans over to pour the Presidentes after a hot round in the campo!! Brings to mind the Welsh song
"We'll keep a welcome in the hillsides,
we'll keep a welcome in the glens ......." ;) :bunny: :bunny: ~ Grahame.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
MerengueDutchie said:
The course in Jarabacoa is called Quintas de Primavera.

-NALs

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
BushBaby said:
Nope, none of those is Jarabacoa. I do so agree with you about the mountain views there though, that girl at the bar is a real corker especially when she leans over to pour the Presidentes after a hot round in the campo!! Brings to mind the Welsh song
"We'll keep a welcome in the hillsides,
we'll keep a welcome in the glens ......." ;) :bunny: :bunny: ~ Grahame.

You mean the girl with the 3 babies :bunny: :bunny:

Talking about glens always brings to mind 'Danny Boy' for me ;)

By the way, you missed a nice game two thursdays back..