Help Rewarded

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Robo

manuel.cornelio said:
Make Model Year Color, All That Good Stuff Give Us Details, And How it Was Stolen

Sorry to have caused a misunderstanding.

My pick-up (Isuzu, 3.1 Diesel, red, 2003, doble cabina) was "only" broken into (parking lot, ferreter?a Bellon, Stgo., about 9:30 a.m.)
For the stolen items I pay 10 k, no questions asked.

m'frog

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Mountainfrog, this thread makes no sense, or, I'm really confused here, or, both of those... What is it that you want or expect the members of this board to do?

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
No Sense?

Chris said:
... What is it that you want or expect the members of this board to do?
I thought my initial post would convey the message.
My hopes are/were that there are members who would have some connections that might be able to energize the investigations and maybe lead to the recovery of my belongings.
I know of cases where this was done and did help.

m'frog

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK, now I get it ... a little slow, but yeah. Mountainfrog, people have connections in certain areas usually. You would need to give better details before anyone would step up and say that they can introduce you to someone, or assist to 'energize' the investigations. Our experience here is that very seldom investigations are done in a proper way.

I see that you seem hesitant to talk about what you lost. It will help the members of this board if you tell us where the break-in took place (which city or town), and also what you lost. You do not have to be too detailed, but if you lost a computer, say so ... if you lost a passport, also say so. It is easier to guide you in the right direction if we know what you are working with.

Your initial message talked about a car theft in Santiago. Later on, you said, no, not a car theft, but only stuff that was in the car.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Chris said:
OK, now I get it ... a little slow, but yeah. Mountainfrog, people have connections in certain areas usually. You would need to give better details before anyone would step up and say that they can introduce you to someone, or assist to 'energize' the investigations. Our experience here is that very seldom investigations are done in a proper way.

I see that you seem hesitant to talk about what you lost. It will help the members of this board if you tell us where the break-in took place (which city or town), and also what you lost. You do not have to be too detailed, but if you lost a computer, say so ... if you lost a passport, also say so. It is easier to guide you in the right direction if we know what you are working with.

Your initial message talked about a car theft in Santiago. Later on, you said, no, not a car theft, but only stuff that was in the car.
Are you saying that m'frog's stolen stuff is not enough to go on?:ermm:

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Wrong Wording

Chris said:
... very seldom investigations are done in a proper way.
Knowing this I offered a reward and tried to seek help from DR1 members who might have police "friends".

BTW, I am very thankful and I do appreciate one particular member's help but thought it couldn't hurt to see whether more could be done, a mistake maybe.

Chris said:
The latter is correct and I rephrased after I had realized that I used the wrong term (m'frog>>>> German), it should have read car break-in (?), I suppose.

OK, never mind.

m'frog

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
mountainfrog said:
Knowing this I offered a reward and tried to seek help from DR1 members who might have police "friends".

BTW, I am very thankful and I do appreciate one particular member's help but thought it couldn't hurt to see whether more could be done, a mistake maybe.
No, I don't think it is a mistake to ask for assistance here, but I think I'm speaking for many of us if I say, I'm flabbergasted ...
Where were you? Was your vehicle locked? Where did you report the theft? What was lost? Do you live here? Do you know, or have a suspicion as to who did the theft? Do you think it is someone that knows you? Or was it a random happening? Do you think any of the DR1 members could start up a police action on a DR1 thread? It really does not matter how many 'police friends' one has, one cannot go to your 'friend' and say ... hola, how are you, I want to you look for mountainfrog's stuff!

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
No importa

Chris said:
Where were you? Was your vehicle locked? Where did you report the theft?... Do you live here? Do you know, or have a suspicion as to who did the theft? Do you think it is someone that knows you? Do you think any of the DR1 members could start up a police action on a DR1 thread?

Although I get the impression that my "asunto" is not welcome here, but I - as the thread starter - feel obliged to answer the above:
1. I was shopping at Ferreter?a Bellon in Santiago, my car was locked, in their parking lot, time about 9:30 a.m.
The door lock was forced open in a professional way but with brutal force (a punch like tool which broke the tumblers inside).
2. I have been living here for over ten years (Saman?).
3. All other quoted questions: No.

BTW, a friend's car was broken into in the very same manner in S.D., car park at ferreter? Cuesta, morning also.

No, it's not important...
until it happens to you.

Let's forget it, shall we?

m'frog

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Chris said:
No, I don't think it is a mistake to ask for assistance here, but I think I'm speaking for many of us if I say, I'm flabbergasted ...
Where were you? Was your vehicle locked? Where did you report the theft? What was lost? Do you live here? Do you know, or have a suspicion as to who did the theft? Do you think it is someone that knows you? Or was it a random happening? Do you think any of the DR1 members could start up a police action on a DR1 thread? It really does not matter how many 'police friends' one has, one cannot go to your 'friend' and say ... hola, how are you, I want to you look for mountainfrog's stuff!
Well said.:classic:

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Mountainfrog, sorry to read about the break-in of your car. Hope you can find somebody to help you find the stolen items. It's such an awful and upsetting feeling when you discover you have been robbed.