Million Dollar Question

ruthcoates

Apr 6, 2004
Hello! you wonderful people out there. I have a questions for you scholars. How do you say in Spanish, Valedictorian and Salutatorian. The valedictorian is the person that graduates with the highest grade and the salutatorian is the person who graduates with the second highest grade. You helped me before I'm hoping you can now.

Thanks so much.:cheeky:

Feb 9, 2006
That wasn't so Miami Nice

Poster, the word valedictorian is the same in spanish...even spelled the same. strangely, there is no spanish for the other word. Salutatorian delivers the salutation at graduation. Valedictorian delivers the validictory (or farewell) message.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There must be a better term for this award.

Last edited:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Musicqueen said:
I don't think there's such thing in DR ;)...so this post has no place here...

MQ
I bet your friends even had seen these awards given to their classmates at graduation from Animation school.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Howmar:

Are you referring to the Coral Class of 2006 Chocodictorian?

ruthcoates

Apr 6, 2004
Chuleta de Puerco said:
Poster, the word valedictorian is the same in spanish...even spelled the same. strangely, there is no spanish for the other word. Salutatorian delivers the salutation at graduation. Valedictorian delivers the validictory (or farewell) message.

Thank so much for your help. You are right! that was not very nice of Miami Nice. They do exist in the DR. I attended a graduation two years ago in the DR, I just forgot the terminalogy.:squareeye