Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Protest at Cabarete Police Station yesterday

Does anyone have any information on why there was a large group of people protesting in front of the Cabarete police station yesterday?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    Does anyone have any information on why there was a large group of people protesting in front of the Cabarete police station yesterday?
    Do you really want to know? It may scare away the tourist. I'm sure any motoconcho driver, colmado/bar tender will give you the details. By the way, the comandante and officers on duty the day before yesterday are all under arrest, or at least under investigation...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mirador
    Do you really want to know? It may scare away the tourist. I'm sure any motoconcho driver, colmado/bar tender will give you the details. By the way, the comandante and officers on duty the day before yesterday are all under arrest, or at least under investigation...

They should all be put in with the population at la Victoria and given the same treatment every twice a day, every day untill they start enjoying it.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Censoring the news on DR1. WOW, so is this the dominican version of BIG BROTHER. Spill the beans. You don't build credibility by only showing the bright side of things.
    Last edited by Onions&carrots; 06-02-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

yes share!

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

C'mon, Mirador, as you seem to be the only person with inside info, fill us in, please.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

yea spill it! were all waiting here!

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    C'mon, Mirador, as you seem to be the only person with inside info, fill us in, please.

It was on the news, two or three days ago. Santiago TV news anchorman Josť Gutierrez was interviewing a woman, who said that her son had been picked up the previous day by two Caberete police officers on a motorbike and taken to the police station, where he was raped in full view of the police officers. She said her son was threatened and was afraid to make an accusation himself. The media attention must have provoked the protest and the ensuing police investigation.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

ok thats bad but nothing like what I was expecting or thinking! at least I can sleep tonight though no knowing the answer!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beads
    ok thats bad but nothing like what I was expecting or thinking! at least I can sleep tonight though no knowing the answer!
    LOL, that's true. I thought it was the beginning of another civil war ala 65. WOW, I thought my sources were failing me.

Thanks Mira for spilling the beans. Now I know you can't keep a secret. Hehehe, just kidding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast