Visiting NY....a sad reminder of the unhappy existance of the American male

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I am currently visiting NY for 10 days and had almost forgotten what a sorry beaten down species the American male is at the hands of American women.....but I have been repeatedly reminded during my trip.

While I was shopping in the Hudson valley mall today in upstate NY, I overheard this conversation from a couple in their late 40's that were at the clothing rack next to me:

Husband (smiling): Honey, can I get a pair of carpenters jeans?

Wife: = (condecending tone) You have carpenters jeans on.

Husband: (pleading tone) I know but I need a new pair.

Wife: You look stupid in those jeans. (raising voice)...Come on, let's go.

Husband dejectedly puts jeans back down and follows wife around store like a puppy as she goes from clothing rack to clothing rack and examines different articles of clothing. Husband does not examine any more clothing and just follows like a good boy. There is no conversation.

This is just one example of what I witnessed over and over again of similar behavior with the wives taking the dominant role and husbands taking the submissive one. Over and over again I overheard American girls converasations to the effect of (loudly) "who the hell does he think he is", and "what a jerk" and a lot of loud, unladylike, domineering behavior. I dont remember once seeing a woman/girl carrying herself with that combination of class/ beauty and feminine grace that make Dominican women so irrestible to us.

Larry

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
It's very pathetic. I witness this here everytime I go out with my American friends anddddd with my Dominican friends that have wives/girlfriends who have become "americanized".

Makes me think of that Eddie Murphy comedy bit - Raw I think it is. The one where he says he goes to Africa to mary a busch chick, brings her to the USA, she becomes "americanized" and then demands HALF. LOL

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Can you believe there are groups out there promoting that if a guy asks a woman to a date more than one time, it could be considered sexual harrasment!!

Can you imagine that!

Ok, I understand if the guy becomes a stalker or if the guy asks the lady for the 5th time, maybe the guy is a little "wacko" and is really harrassing the woman.

But, asking a woman a second time for a date and bam, the guy gets slapped with a sexual harrasment charge. Ridiculous!!! Ridiculous!!!

Dizzy in Dallas

May 30, 2006
El Tigre/Larry, your observations are very correct. That's the culture here in the US and I live in Dallas, Texas USA. Actually allot of Americans joke about it too. Threw the years this type of culture has prevailed in the US as more women became independent, wanted rights, and wanted to be treated as an equal so on. A married couple say back in the 1960 are before this type of behavior was non existence.It has evolved over the years here in the US. I can look at my parents and see this too.My father change slowly over the years. He is now 85.He has fought in hand to hand combat in War War 2 in Japan ect. He was raised what they called "old style" mean when he was a kid if he acted up he would get beaten with a "switch". So basically what I am trying to stay he was a tuff guy where the man ran the house. As I grew up from 1970-1980s at home I can look back and slowly seam him change in how he treated my mother.By the time my parents got into their 60s my mother "Runs" the house. In newer marriages the women are in charge in general. I don't know if this is good or dad. This maybe a contributing reason why USA has the highest divorce rate in the world. Just my 2 cents.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Call me a pig.. but

That's a lot of horse menure (bullSh*) I buy what I want and like. If I want something I get it. The hell with the budget bullsh*t. Of course, I have my Dominican roots. Mucho macho.

Zeus (primus inter pares):ninja:

G

gary short

Larry that's just indicative of a whipped pushover that has to marry some ball buster cause he's probably a loser lacking any imagination or options............paaallleeease...

G

gary short

WHATS..THAT...HONEY....YOU WANT ANOTHER FOOT MESSAGE......I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!!!..........SH!T........I've got to go.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Me too!

I see this behavior very regularly.

I see guys run to their cell phones to ask their wives if he could buy "this or that".

I have heard guys say "oooooh no, I can't buy that, my wife will kill me".

I have heard guys say "well, let me kill some time looking around while my wife is in the ladies department buying things".

Shyt, the other day I was talking to my buddy Dennis and next to us was a hispanic male, I believe was Puerto Rican, who was on the cell phone asking someone if he could go hang out at a friend's house. I made a point to make sure that he was looking at me when I was laughing my axx off.

I have seen white Americans, black Americans, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Orientals and other nationalities where it seems that the woman is the one wearing the fricking pants!.

The woman who will tell me what to buy or what not to buy has not been born yet. I would love to see that "jack" who is going to tell me "no" if I want to buy something. She would be sent packing faster than a speeding bullet!.

One thing is to say: "baby, can I buy this?" and another is to say: "oh look at that, I am buying it".

There's a popola-whipped guy born every day!.

Last edited:
G

gary short

miguel... I think you have to get in touch with your feminin side.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
But I do!

gary short said:
miguel... I think you have to get in touch with your feminin side.
Trust me buddy, I am very aware of my femenine side since I am "William Hung" like a female, hahahaha!.

G

gary short

Ummmmmmm................you're hung like a female?????.....Is this a circus thing??????

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

AZB said:
he is hung like a pimple.
Hahahahaha.
AZB
Ok guys:

Have you ever seen a shoe platform/bottom, well, from now on, EVERY single time you look at it, remember that you are looking at my "johnsito". Therefore, AZB, you are NOT doing the pimple any justice.

Back to the topic at hand:

I know of a pathetic Dominican, here in "Alaska", who asks his wife if he can go out. If she gives him permission, then SHE tells him at what time he should be back. What a loser!.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I know an american raised dom couple. when they were visiting us in santiago, we asked the guy out to go to a bar, sort of like boys night out. He got nervous and pointed at his wife. The wife said "no", flat out and he ended up going with her to her friend's house. She makes all the decisions in the house. She is always in a bad mood as well. I feel sorry for the guy. She is fat with 2 kids and a mega bitch.
AZB

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
interesting post Larry. I agree with most of the responses here that refer to American men as puzzy whipped. Now tell me how do the "nice" American women get the respect and money that you guys give to Dominican putas?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que?

dulce said:
interesting post Larry. I agree with most of the responses here that refer to American men as puzzy whipped. Now tell me how do the "nice" American women get the respect and money that you guys give to Dominican putas?
On my posts, I mention other nationalities other than just American.

Can you define "you guys"?.

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
i know someone who gets an allowance every wk to spend on lunch, etc from his wife.... he works, gets paid,, but she has the bank card, she handles the finances, and he gets an allowance each wk. If he buys something with his debit card and she's not aware.. he's in trouble. lol. Wife is fat, 2 kids, you know the picture... and she tells him that he will never get another woman, that who's going to pay attention to him. His response to alllll of these things is: "uhh she's like that,, i don't try to fight with her,, it's no big deal"

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
El Diego said:
.... he's in trouble. lol. Wife is fat, 2 kids, you know the picture... QUOTE]

And who do you suspect all the while is learning by example? who when his grown time comes, decides against marriage, or dating women altogether, and ops instead for the 'gay' lifestyle? the 2 male kids! In the end, the whole of society suffers, with decreasing birth rates, and then Mexican (and other) immigrants have to be called in to make up for the population decline and prevent the social security /pension system from collapsing...

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
quote from Miguel
"On my posts, I mention other nationalities other than just American.

Can you define "you guys"?.

Miguel McHung darlin we all know you do not "do" putas..entonce "you guys" would be the men who do. Don't forget I used to live in the DR and saw tons of men from all countries spend huge amounts of $$$ on putas. These same men would claim to be ripped off by a woman from their own country expecting dinner and movie on a real date. Seriously, I observed putas receiving tons of respect and I often wondered why.
I do understand why men would prefer a Dominicana over another nationality but remember that not ALL women from other countries are bitches and not ALL Dominican women are putas.
Do I sound like a bitch? (don't answer that) ha ha ha