Why can't Canucks make good beer?

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
After living in the Dr. for 16+ years, I took a mini trip back to my Homeland on some business.
I got a desire for an Ice Cold Presidente (The weather here was 36 in the shade)............however I rememberd I was back In Toronto so I settled for a Very Cold Molson Canadian, Gezzzzzzzzzz Tasted like horse *iss. I had six cans and did not even get a Buzzzzzzzzzzz.
Man if there is only one thing the Dominicans can do its make Beer!
Eddy I have six cans left, if you are feeling home sick I will trade you even for some real Beer..................Deal?
A frustrated Xpat.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
;) That's because Presidente beer is really German Beer. Tipo Pilsener. HB can you add more wood to the fire?

Zues (primus inter pares)

G

gary short

One of the best German Pilseners I've ever tasted.....Tsing Tao.

G

gary short

Hlywud said:
Horse P*** I'll say, you should have tried a real beer;)
To much competition in Canada, look at the beers available at the retail store, nobody takes their time anymore.

Why can't Dominicans make good rye whiskey?

Cause they have great rum.

G

gary short

And to think a while back some people were raving about being able to get Molson Canadian in Puerto Plata??????

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Beer on the teta

Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale ...... Easily a fantastic beer.... I was weened on it ! In Cape Breton it was a substitute for breast feeding......... Sigh ........So many memories and lack thereof as well !

Hlywud said:
Alexander Keith's my favourite on tap, great minds do think alike.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The beer you were drinking was made with water from Toronto, that was the problem. Dominican beer (presedente) is a weak light beer simular to a miller or coors light. When it's ice cold it's great but give me a Canadian beer anytime, even in the DR.

G

gary short

How about a cold mountain fresh Kokanee "It's the beer out here".

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
gary short said:
How about a cold mountain fresh Kokanee "It's the beer out here".

I had Kokanee out in Montana last year and loved the stuff. That and Presidente in DR are my 2 favorite beers. Partly because I associate them with good memories of relaxed times and also because of their simple smooth flavor.

G

gary short

We always considered Kokanee a local beer but I heard recently that a lot of the sales are in Montana Idaho and eastern Washington.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I thought that this might be of interest, so I decided to share. I was checking ads for a local super market when I noticed that they had a US and Canadian section. I checked the Canadian section first saw what I needed to see and then decided to check the US section, hoping that maybe the store would be in a location that I might visit sometime.

So I am checking the US ad and low an behold, they had a 12 or 24 pack of Presidente on sale. This was in North Bergen,New Jersey. I go to New York/ New Jersey at least once a year.

So I am thinking that if that one store has it, then maybe other stores in the area do as well.

I was so excited I said I have to put this info on DR1.