Fly with the best....

The best North American airline which flies to the DR is...

• American Airlines

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Continental Airlines

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Delta Airlines

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • US Airways

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Jetblue

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Air Canada

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Your preferred airline to fly to the DR from or to North America is???

DISCLAIMER: THIS AND ALL POLLS ONLY REFLECT THE OPINIONS OF DR1 MEMBERS WHO CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE.

-NALs

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Why do you omit Air Transat

Air Transat is a charter compagny who fly daily from Canada.
The service is good even in the cattle class. Personnaly I take Club Class > a smart deal considering all the little attention (2 fa's for 19 persons), the meal (4 choices) service, free drinks, wine, beer, cognac, etc. and the waiting line at the airport.

The cost for this > JUST 150.00$ by segment !!!! I know Air Canada have a good business class but AT WHAT PRICE ?!

Holacanada
in POP in 15 days

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
A little doubt about the poll reliability...

I don't know how do you comptabilize the results of the survey. As a first participant to reply I did'nt chose any of your suggestions. BUT the graphic indicate that a person vote for american airlines...?????

Not very scientific and reliable...

Holacanada

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I vote for American...specially since now I have my r/t bought with my AA Miles already!!!

But whatever happened to Spirit??? My last trip to PC only cost me $133 r/t...with the $8 special fare they had a while back...

Brand new planes, excellent service...no delays, no problems with baggage...nothing!! Just perfect!!!

I suggest you include Spirit also, please?

MQ

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
Unfortunately American is the only airlline with regularly scheduled flights from JFK (NY) to PC. Sometimes you can get a USA3000 but their flights are only twice a week and book up quickly. Wish Jet Blue would fly to PC! We need more choices.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Spirit, hands down.

You didn't include one of the most rapidly expanding airlines with service as good as any in your poll, but at a cheaper price,...Spirit. Having flown 4 of the 6 in the above poll I can definately say Spirit is as good as any of them if not better. And my sources tell me they will be expanding their DR service later this year.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Dragonfly32837 said:
I agree. I voted for American Airlines because Spirit was not in the list.
I guess Nals knows to add an "Other" choice for his next poll.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
holacanada said:
Air Transat is a charter compagny who fly daily from Canada.
The service is good even in the cattle class. Personnaly I take Club Class > a smart deal considering all the little attention (2 fa's for 19 persons), the meal (4 choices) service, free drinks, wine, beer, cognac, etc. and the waiting line at the airport.

The cost for this > JUST 150.00$ by segment !!!! I know Air Canada have a good business class but AT WHAT PRICE ?!

Holacanada
in POP in 15 days
I will include Air Transat when I create the best charter airlines poll.

For now, let's stick to the non-charter airlines.

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
holacanada said:
I don't know how do you comptabilize the results of the survey. As a first participant to reply I did'nt chose any of your suggestions. BUT the graphic indicate that a person vote for american airlines...?????

Not very scientific and reliable...

Holacanada
This is all automatically done.

Similarly to how a post by holacanada will only appear if holacanada actually posts something, a vote for any of the polls options will be shown when someone votes in such poll.

If you did not voted, someone else might had.

Any other inquiries about how the votes are counted and represented on this or other polls, please contact Robert or Dolores.

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
For the Spirit's fans (ough, sounds like a brujeria cult thing... ;) ) I'm sorry but it's not on the poll.

Simply vote on the options and any other non-charter airline you may like that is not on the option, simply make a post.

Some time later in the year I might recreate a new poll on the best airline from N. America and I might include the new options.

Poll options are unchangeable once created.

BTW, if anyone have an idea for a poll, just PM me.

-NALs

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
NALs said:
BTW, if anyone have an idea for a poll, just PM me.
My suggestion is not for a specific poll, but a suggestion that all the polls appear in one place.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Well I voted for Delta. I switched from AA to Delta as of May of 2005 and so did 90% of my family (all here in NYC).

I went through too many bad customer service experiences with AA. I know a job is just a job but AA's flight attendants are some of the rudest and unfriendly ones in the airline industry (to me that is). In the many times I've flown with Delta I have never encountered what I always did at AA. Eventhough the Delta FAs are upset because of wage cuts and everything they somehow manage to put on a smile and do a fantastic job. Maybe it might be because they are fresh to the market or something but I prefer their service over AA in the NYC to DR market.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
my vote went to Delta because,unlike American Airlnes, They don't use those old buses (a600) to transport innocent people around.. Ask yourself this question: Where else are the old A-300/600 used for? Answer only to Latin American cities... They know about the ruders. Don't be fooled.
Remember Belle Harbor.:eek:gre:

Zeus (primus inter pares)

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
US Airways... Excellent On board service, very fast check-in, usually departs around 5-10 minutes early and arrives to Fort Lauderdale earlier, good prices.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
American Airlines is really the best because:

- AA provides more direct flights than all other carriers from all dominican international airports to SJU, MIA, NYC, BOS

- AA offers connecting services with its ONE WORLD alliance to every part of the world.

- AA is reliable carrier.

- AAdvantage is a very friendly frequent flyers program.

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
There is Skyservice airlines. They are also a charter airline that deals in package tours out of Toronto. For a charter service they are quite good, you can also upgrade your class and your meals are included in the price of your ticket.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
aviastar said:
American Airlines is really the best because:

- AA provides more direct flights than all other carriers from all dominican international airports to SJU, MIA, NYC, BOS

- AA offers connecting services with its ONE WORLD alliance to every part of the world.

- AA is reliable carrier.

- AAdvantage is a very friendly frequent flyers program.

What about DL.
DL more direct flights from Atlanta than any other Airline in the World, Atlanta Is the Bussiest airport in the world and also will conect you to the Skyteam Alliance to every part of the world.

DL just move 8.8 Millions passenger in the month of May 2006

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Delta for sure! 2 thumbs up.;)
Having flown both charters and scheduled carriers to the DR, I dont think there is any comparison.