PP to Toronto - need tips

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Looking at returning to Canada (flying into Toronto from Puerto Plata)for a short visit at end August or early September. Have a few questions. What sites do Canadians use to book flights from PP to Toronto? Most of the sites that I used when living in Canada (selloffvacations/traveldiscounters/exitnow etc) have the flight originating from Toronto to PP and does not allow for the opposite. Any help on a good site to check prices out would be appreciated. Also are there any travel agents in the Sosua area that will do the leg work for you? Would prefer to fly direct thus limited to Air Canada, Air Transat and Skyservice from the best of my knowledge. Any other tips on finding the best rates would be greatly appreciated...thanks Tom

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
Air Transat or Sky Service

If you are a Canadian resident with a Canadian passport you can book a one way ticket to Toronto via Sky Service or Air Transat. You must call the airport in POP to make the arrangements. You cannot make the arrangements online. You can reach the proper people to speak to at 809-970-2121. The cost is 450.00cad.

Gumby ;)

kdeer

Mar 28, 2006
expedia.ca allows you to enter different flight origin locations. FYI - Air Canada is very expensive. I'm looking for flights for my husband and son from Toronto to PP at the end of August. So far the cheapest is with Sunwing at about $700 cdn each

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I got a good deal with AA for the end of august-september with a stop over in damn Miami .... so they can scan my flip flops again.... :rolleyes:

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
Air Canada is cheaper

and more comfortable.....you can actually move in their seats!

(809)586-3911

Booked mine yesterday and leave Saturday for a short visit. $350 regular fare and $430 first class.

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
If you're doing one-way only, you can try the American Airlines website. You can't actually purchase the ticket online but may be placed on hold for purchase at an AA airport or ticket office. I know they have one in La Romana but not sure about Puerto Plata. Try calling AA at 1-800-433-7300.

There's usually a stop-over in Miami...I just went on the website and tried to do a mock-up flight for the end of August and it looks like prices are around CND$400 or so.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
LuvtheDR said:
and more comfortable.....you can actually move in their seats!

(809)586-3911

Booked mine yesterday and leave Saturday for a short visit. $350 regular fare and $430 first class.

I guess I should have clarrified myself - it would be for round trip tickets as it would just be a one or two week visit back to canada. Is the above AC price for round trip. Do you have to phone the above number each time you want to check on prices (no net site?)? Thank you all for your help. tom

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
twhitehead said:
I guess I should have clarrified myself - it would be for round trip tickets as it would just be a one or two week visit back to canada. Is the above AC price for round trip. Do you have to phone the above number each time you want to check on prices (no net site?)? Thank you all for your help. tom

No, there is no net site. As far as I know...it's that price all the time.

I've sent you a PM.

G

gary short

Sky Services in P.P. was incredible when I had to scramble for an emergancy.......flew me to Van Can for 300ish one way.