K-9 help please

shuffine

Jan 17, 2006
Hello all...do not know if this is the correct place to ask this ... but here goes:

"can anyone tell me (or direct me) as to what is required for a resident to be able to bring a pair of puppies into the country?"

many thanks in advance and apologies if i have placed this request in the wrong area.

steve

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
No problems at all. You bring your pups, have a animal passport and the vacination papers with you and you pay a few hundred pesos. I think I paid 300 or 800, something like that. That was in December 2005.

I never seen a pup thats a K9 however. Takes some training. ;)

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
It's Easy!

It is very easy to bring a puppy or dog into the DR. The airline you are flying with should have all the information you need.

As far as I remember you just need their vaccination certificates and a notarized letter from your vet saying that the animals are healthy. I paid 300pesos at the POP airport when I arrived....they looked at the papers I paid and it only took about 15 minutes altogether.

Where are you bringing the puppies from?

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Gumby said:
It is very easy to bring a puppy or dog into the DR. The airline you are flying with should have all the information you need.

As far as I remember you just need their vaccination certificates and a notarized letter from your vet saying that the animals are healthy. I paid 300pesos at the POP airport when I arrived....they looked at the papers I paid and it only took about 15 minutes altogether.

Where are you bringing the puppies from?

Also this letter must be within 14 days of when you are to arrive in DR...I paid 300 pesos as well but have heard of others paying significantly more...tom

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
Your right!

Yes, I remember that now....the letter has to be written within 14 days of your arrival to the dr.