Power Outages in Zona Colonial

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Would anyone know what the power outage situation is like in the Zona Colonial? I have 6 days booked at the end of this week at a budget hotel with a/c near Parque Independencia ( Aparthotel Condo-Parque on Calle Hincado). I don't know his generator situation, and with the heat being what it is lately I can't imagine what it will be like on the 3rd floor if we have extended outages. Sauna anyone? It is unlikely that I would change my plans but I am curious just how miserable my stay may be. Sometimes the cheap guy pays the most. Thanks for any input. Brian

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Has a Dual Line

BPL888 said:
Would anyone know what the power outage situation is like in the Zona Colonial? I have 6 days booked at the end of this week at a budget hotel with a/c near Parque Independencia ( Aparthotel Condo-Parque on Calle Hincado). I don't know his generator situation, and with the heat being what it is lately I can't imagine what it will be like on the 3rd floor if we have extended outages. Sauna anyone? It is unlikely that I would change my plans but I am curious just how miserable my stay may be. Sometimes the cheap guy pays the most. Thanks for any input. Brian

Power is out almost everyday from 4am to 9am, other wise pretty good but that Hotel has 2 lines coming in plus and inverter. He does not have a generator, but has not had any problems since he put the other line in, He is on 2 different Grids.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
BPL888 said:

I would recommend calling to see about the generator... or locate a place nearby where you can cool off if there isn't any electricity.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Thanks for the Information

Thank you all for the information and suggestions. I am constantly amazed by the amount of knowledge and help that is offered on DR1. Many times the insight provided by members has made the difference between a good trip and a potentialy disasterous one. I will post a trip report when I return to possibly help the next pilgrim.---- Bienamor, you seem to have pretty good knowledge about the hotel I am staying in. Do you have any pointers as to which room to request? I will be staying there for six nights with my novia and might try to do some cooking if the kitchen is equipped well enough. Thanks again. Brian

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Well

BPL888 said:
Thank you all for the information and suggestions. I am constantly amazed by the amount of knowledge and help that is offered on DR1. Many times the insight provided by members has made the difference between a good trip and a potentialy disasterous one. I will post a trip report when I return to possibly help the next pilgrim.---- Bienamor, you seem to have pretty good knowledge about the hotel I am staying in. Do you have any pointers as to which room to request? I will be staying there for six nights with my novia and might try to do some cooking if the kitchen is equipped well enough. Thanks again. Brian

I know the bar area pretty well, would think the upper floors away from the street would be best, kitchens are small but he has has some people there for extented periods that were doing a lot of cooking, don't know how well equipped the kitchens are as far as cooking utensils. lots of good cheap resterants close. You can email Walter the owner via the link I posted