Want to Play American Football In D.R

rudypantaleon

Jun 6, 2006
Hello all, most of you will be probably asking is this real, american football here in D.R? and im going to answer you by saying yes, weve had an american football team in the country since the 80s, the team split up in the end of the 90s and now we are trying to form it again, but this time we want a league.....we will have a friendly tournament of flag football by the end of this month with the player of the Blitz from Puerto Rico, if you are interested in playing or just checking things out contact me Rudy @ rh_pantaleon@hotmail.com, or pass by the Estadio Olimpico in Santo Domingo, mons and Weds starting at 8p.m, is in the track and field warm up stadium next to the big track and field stadium....

if you want to see some pictures of past events go to http://www.ifff.net/WorldCup2004/WorldCupDominican/WC04PuertoPlata.htm

there are pictures of the world cup held here in 2004 in puerto plata..

thanks, and hope to see you on the field

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
That's very cool! How long is the season? I'll be down (again) in August...

I played some pro ball back in The Day...

rudypantaleon

Jun 6, 2006
we paly flag all year round, when the tackle team was up and running we played against teams from P.R and Panama, but back in those days we didnt have a league only our team and a team from Unibe university...the plans for the league are up and running, hopefully we can start a short season next year, but in the mean time we are trying to get ready for a small tournament that we will have in december against P.R and Panama

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Enjoy yourselves and best wishes.

I recall Hillbilly here has a few American football seasons under his belt during his impetuous youth...in the no facemask days. The boy must have been tougher than woodpecker lips...;)

rudypantaleon

Jun 6, 2006
For everyone interested, July 1-2 Estadio Olimpico, from 3 p.m
Flag football Tournament Dominican Republic vs Puerto Rico, games will be played on 5 - 5 Format and 7-7 Format, for more information contact me at rh_pantaleon@hotmail.com

rudypantaleon

Jun 6, 2006
for the flag world cup celebrated in Pto Pta 2 years ago there was a local team, i will try to find out their contact information so you can check it out