Bachata Concert-Raulin Rodriguez-Montreal, QC

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Montreal is doing it again with summer concerts. All types of Latin music by popular artists live in concert weekly. The next upcoming concert on June 17, 2006 will be Raulin Rodriguez @ Caballeros Club.

For bachata fans and fans of Raulin in particular this is a surprise and a nice one too. I always thought that if (and when ) I see him live it would be in the DR or in the USA but this will be a nice treat.

I just called the owner to confirm the show, it's still on and the price range for the tickets is $30-$40.

Concert info:

Sábado 17 de Junio
Invita: Caballeros Club
Presenta: RAULIN RODRIGUEZ
Lugar: 7474 rue St-Hubert
Info.: 514. 272-6844

If any info changes between now and the show date I will post the details.

For my fellow Torontonians I did ask if there would be a show in Toronto and the owner said he did not hear anything about a Toronto performance. I say make the six hour drive down the 401. It's worth it.

-LDG.

Last edited:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Apparently, he is scheduled to perform in TO Friday June 16 at Latin Fever. Tickets are $25 ahead of time and $35 at the door and are already on sale.
With the current track record of some bachateros not "materializing" here, I will believe it when I see it. Enjoy!;)

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Regarding Toronto-

That's good to hear. Luckily, I have the flexibility of attending either show whether it's in Montreal or Toronto but as you say the reliability of the Toronto shows are questionable now.

I will makes some calls tomorrow to some reliable TO contacts I have and I will post the info if it differs from yours. Montrealers will support him (I hope). If he's playing at Latin Fever in Toronto he will get a good crowd once people know about it. I will find out.

Thanks!

-LDG.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
ok...ya'll just rub it in...rub it in!

still keeping my fingers crossed from nyc area dates!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Recent disappointments appear to have stemmed from visa issues/problems with entry to Canada period...or thats what my sources have said anyways! Hopefully Raulin has a clean slate!!!;)

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Lesley finally so I guess he is supposed to come. Let me know what you find out and if it's for real. I will look into it myself as well.

I agree drloca, I want to believe he'll be performing in TO but I don't want to get my hopes up either. I will keep my fingers crossed! If he comes to TO I will definatly be there for sure!!!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
if the dates are secure...is anyone in nyc planning on a drive up?

Or..if anyone hears of nyc/nnj dates...please post!

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
As soon as anyone finds out anything about the Toronto date, let us know. I would love to see this guy sing (especially, after not being able to find his latest cd).

I will probably have to wait until next month to get his cd from the DR when we go on vacation so seeing him live would be great.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Hi All-

I will be making two calls today which will definitely confirm the Toronto concert. Keep in mind everyone the issues surrounding cancellations in the past affects both cities. If it's cancelled in Toronto due to unforeseen circumstances the Montreal show won't take place either. As I said I confirmed the Montreal show last night with the host and I will do the same for Toronto today so everyone can feel comfortable.

As for me this show in Toronto has caused a dilemma because my heart is in Montreal of course but I know will get pressure from my Toronto friends to go with them. Anyway I will be at either show and I will decide soon.

Jrzyguy-

Hang in there. This is very odd that Canadian cities attract a Latin artist and not a major US city like NYC. After all it's only hour away (and less) by plane from Montreal to NYC or TO to NYC so Raulin may very well have something scheduled. I did check on the home page of bachata106.com but nothing was listed for Raulin. Keep checking.

Tarrantino-

Why do you have to wait to go to the DR to get Raulin's new cd? If you live in the Toronto area you can buy it asap at Super Latin Music (on St.Clair).

-LDG.

Hablamos más tarde.

Last edited:

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Raulin will be in Toronto too-

Okay I made some calls and basically the show is on in Toronto too. I would think that visa issues and such would be taken care of before scheduling the show. Tickets are on sale as drloca mentioned- $25.00 in advance. You can buy them at most Latin establishments in the city, at Super Latin Music for sure. The date is June 16, 2006. See the venue on the ticket.

All for now.

-LDG.

Last edited:

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Thanks Lesley D.
I completely forgot about them and I have their calendar right on my desk,I am not really that close to St. Clair, but if we are in the vicinity, I will definitely check them out.

I hope that I do manage to get there before I go on vacation.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Jrzyguy - My friend owns Tropical Nightclub in Passaic NJ so I know when these people are in the area. I'll post when I know somebody good is coming. Anyone else you'd like to see? I always hear the announcements on the radio starting on Thursday night.

Where in Jersey are you?

Lesly - my dear old musical friend... where have you been? I have a thread about music lovers and you havent posted! I've missed you!

Enjoy your bachata concert, sounds like fun!

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Talldrink-

What I can say? I miss you too but I know you get busy sometimes and distance yourself from DR1. Please don't be a stranger.

I saw your thread on music of course and I decided I will read it instead of post because I was totally wrapped up in my own thread I started about a month ago on Raulin's new album then the recent one about merengue (by Dragonfly).

I am starting to get anxious about seeing my one and only "live". You know how I adore Raulin. Please sample his new album TD. I think you will like it.

Later

-LDG.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
What is the name of the new album and what song does it have? I think I may have it... I buy them and dont ever bother to look at the names.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
A donde ire sin ti

is the name of the new cd..and it is great.

Hmmm...talldrink. I know that raulin played in passaic about a year ago..unfortunately i couldnt get a ride.

I am in jersey city (journal sq)...but no car..but with a bit of notice i can get around.

Hmmm...who else would i like to see. Frank Reyes (missed him in the bronx), Santos, Sarante....but raulin is at the top of my list. But i would be up to seeing someone else that perhaps i am not familiar with.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
I have been him live and I can tell you: YOU WILL HAVE A BALL! Enjoy!!!
Dance a real tight one for me. :)

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
My top live bachata performers Antony Santos and Frank Reyes.

Raulin I love... I know you guys are true-up Raulin fans, and maybe you like him so much because of his 'older' style... His hooks, beats and even singing has not changed much in recent years. I find that he is not updating his style of music and using newer and more modern technology for his stuff like the others have been.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I called Latin Fever who was advertising the Raulin Rodriguez concert.
The concert is on June 16 at 994 Arrow Road.

I called Super Latin Music as well and they are selling tickets!

I cross my fingers that all goes well because I so want to see him!! :)

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Okay my friends-

Jrzyguy-

You will like most bachateros live I believe. I saw Frank Reyes last summer in Montreal at the same place where Raulin will be next week. He has charisma. I would go see Frank R again without a doubt. I have also seen Monchy & Alexandra live and that was something to talk about. They connect well with each other on stage and it is truly admirable. I can understand why they are a duet and enjoy singing together.

TD-

You are killing me. Raulin has not drastically changed his style but it has not hurt his popularity or his success. IMO that shows he has natural talent. He is a true bachatero. Antony Santos, well you know where I stand with regards to his music. He's a pillar bachatero and the single most successful artist of the genre of all time whether people want to recognize it or not. Those who truly understand the genre historically will understand why Antony Santos is in a category by himself. Are you enjoying "Lloro"? I hope so.

Deelt-

What can I say- a tight one for you- you bet! You never told me that you saw Raulin live. Lucky you.

Music-

Just get the tickets. The venue will be on there.

-LDG.

Last edited: