2006 DR trip report

NCScott

Jun 2, 2006
spaces.msn.com
We had a fantastic trip. This was my fourth visit to the country and the first time that my wife has been back since she came two and a half years ago. We spent most of our time in the Capital, but were able to go to Boca Chica twice to eat at my favorite restaurant, El Pelicano.

We also spent a weekend with some friends at Juan Dolio at an all inclusive resort. That was very relaxing and we had a very good trip with no bad experiences to report at all (except my overdoing it on the President cerveza).

I was there for my birthday and our wedding anniversary and it was a joy to spend it with our Dominican friends and family.

If you want to see some of our photos, check them out on this site:

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/271116/
Looking forward to our next trip already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Interesting pictures. if that is a parrot, your wife should be in jail for possessing an endangered species-one that is really in danger of extinction!! You too for that matter. She is very pretty (the wife, not the bird!:p)
Plus the fact that you were looking at what must be the most expensive plantains inthe world, made of "green platinum!!!!!" Hey man, it's "platanos verdes!!" HEHEHEHEHE

HB :D:D

NCScott

Jun 2, 2006
spaces.msn.com
Thanks!
El Pelicano is the restaurant in Coral Hamaca Resort at Boca Chica Beach. It is open to the public, or can be part of an inclusive package with the resort. They have a private beach area for restaurant and hotel guests (they give you a wrist band). You also have acceess to the jacuzzi and bathrooms/shower area.

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Great pics...very clear. The "faceless dolls"...just a quick interesting note: know why they're faceless? Though the dominican culture is heavily european in many aspects (language, religion, etc.)...which is seen by the dress the doll wears; their is no one face that can characterize the dominican people because of our strong mixture of races. Romantic eh? I read an article that says the DR is the country where it's most difficult to find "purity." Though other countries; notably latin american, have the same/similar influences, they have not mixed over the centuries as much as the dominican people.