Cleaning Products

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
What cleaning products are you using in your home in the DR? I know that here we use all kinds, but when we lived in the DR, my wife used just Mistolin for almost everything (or so it seemed). BTW, if someone has a bottle of Mistolin handy, can you read the label and tell me what it says are its primary ingredients?

I've been asked to do a "personal choices" piece for the GT blog on chemicals used in the home. In the US or Canada or Europe, that would mean a focus on cleaning products -- ammonia, Windex, Mr Clean, Soft Scrub, abrasives (Comet, Ajax, etc.), drain cleaners (Mr Plummer, Draino, etc.), furniture polishes, waxes, Pinesol, Tilex, toilet bowl cleaner, etc. But my impression is that most houeholds in te DR rely more on water, soap and Mistolin... So I'm wondering if the piece should turn its attention to other chemicals in the home...

All help appreciated!

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Keith R said:
What cleaning products are you using in your home in the DR? I know that here we use all kinds, but when we lived in the DR, my wife used just Mistolin for almost everything (or so it seemed). BTW, if someone has a bottle of Mistolin handy, can you read the label and tell me what it says are its primary ingredients?

I've been asked to do a "personal choices" piece for the GT blog on chemicals used in the home. In the US or Canada or Europe, that would mean a focus on cleaning products -- ammonia, Windex, Mr Clean, Soft Scrub, abrasives (Comet, Ajax, etc.), drain cleaners (Mr Plummer, Draino, etc.), furniture polishes, waxes, Pinesol, Tilex, toilet bowl cleaner, etc. But my impression is that most houeholds in te DR rely more on water, soap and Mistolin... So I'm wondering if the piece should turn its attention to other chemicals in the home...

All help appreciated!

Ingredients: Water, Non-Ionic Surfactant, perfume, benzalkonium chloride, colourante, preservative and pH Regulator.

Hope this helps

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Mistolin or Fabuloso, Ten, Her etc is used for the floors only.
Most Dominican homes have alots of bottles... Cloro ( of course ), detergent,
floor cleaner, yet something else for cleaning the dishes, special spray/liquid for wood furniture etc etc.
Of course not in the poorest campo, but in the cities absolutely.