How to get to Jarabacoa

zephyr1957

Mar 17, 2006
Im familiar to main busroad like Santiago, La vega and so on but how to get to Jarabacoa. Im going to visit the monastery, not the ruins but an active one, forgot the name.

Thanks,

Peter

Jan 5, 2006
Are you driving there, or going by bus?

If driving, coming from Santiago, there's an exit from Autopista Duarte for La Vega/Jarabacoa. After exiting, make a right at the Texaco gas station and that's the road to Jarabacoa. If you're coming from Santo Domingo, you can take the first exit for La Vega and that puts you on Pedro A. Rivera Avenue, which is the old Autopista Duarte. Follow that for a few (6-8) kilometers through La Vega to the Texaco gas station which will be on your left, and make a left.

This belongs in travel directions, btw.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you want, you can come by bus to Santiago, and then get a bus to La Vega & Jarabacoa.
Might be a little more complicated, but I'll help you if you let me know whenyou are coming...
Buses to Jarabacoa leave from the Parque de los Chachasis (Sabana Larga-Restauración-Juan pablo Duarte-Independencia) in the upper part of town.

Be my pleasure.

HB :D:D:D

Jan 5, 2006
You can also catch a bus from La Vega to Jarabacoa if you're coming from Santo Domingo. Take Caribe Tours to La Vega, and then catch a taxi for a 5 minute ride to El Parque de los Estudiantes. Enjoy a cold Presidente at Oki Dokie or Galeria, and talk to all the hot chicas while you wait for the bus to Jarabacoa.