Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
tflea said:
I'm looking for him or her.
I need some work.
Prices are so cheap here price
is not a problem.
Suggestions?

The price may be good.... but just think about it?
Quality professionals that own practice, have to import top-of-the-line equipment...... big-money.Staff, building and still have to pay their bills much less provide for their family. So you really won't get qualified top-notch professionals at a cheap price.I would definitely do a lot of research from members here and also office visits, word-of-mouth, if you have the time to do so.;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
My wife and I have been going to Wendy Juma for several years and recommend her to our friends and other dr1ers. We have had bridges done by her as well as root canals. And she knows when to refer. When she found that a root canal my wife needed was going to be very tricky, she referred her immediately to a dentist in Santiago who specializes in that sort of thing.

DR1ers who have gone to her have been very satisfied and have saved a great deal of money.

With respect to the comments in previous post, I should mention that Wendy just redecorated her office and brought in new equipment.

She speaks fair English and has an English speaking secretary who answers the phone and schedules appointments.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
DavidZ said:
I may need to see a dentist in a couple of weeks. Is Dr. Wendy *really* good, or good by "dominicn standards" (no offense meant by that!)
It's hard to say, without being really knowledgeable about dentistry, and I'm not.
I go to her, Ken goes to her, and many people I have known through the years, and everybody was satisfied, as best as I know.
I don't suppose she's the best dentist in the country, but she does fine by me.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
She has done extensive work for my family - crown, root canal - and we're happy. My dentist is in Manhattan; I guess he's better for 5 times the price. -D

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Oh well... just kidding, but... I know they are are very strict with narcotics, what do they give you for serious pain... a bullet to bite down on and a bottle Brugal?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
DavidZ said:
Oh well... just kidding, but... I know they are are very strict with narcotics, what do they give you for serious pain... a bullet to bite down on and a bottle Brugal?
She never gave me pain, so I don't know.
Of course, I never went there for a root canal.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't like pain so always get enough injected before she starts work.

People are different. Some tough it out, others wait to ask for an injection until they feel pain or rely on the dentist to decide if an injection is needed. I take no chances.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I'm going to give here a try also... but the pain meds I was referring to was for post-op. Ive had a couple of extractions and there was major pain for a few days after. The dentist always gave me a script for something... vicodin, darvocet, etc.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
DavidZ said:
I'm going to give here a try also... but the pain meds I was referring to was for post-op. Ive had a couple of extractions and there was major pain for a few days after. The dentist always gave me a script for something... vicodin, darvocet, etc.
Here, we use Brugal.