BRIAR BUSHES....To cut or not to cut...Ahh...That is the question?

Caribee

Mar 22, 2003
OK you environmental EXPERTS out there. Probably the worst and most dangerous thing on my Rancho Dorado are the BRIAR BUSHES! They will seriously injure a human in seconds and you will BE SERIOUSLY HURTING for several months!! They spread their thorny limbs far and wide and injure any man or animal which is unfortunate enough to come in contact with them!
My question is: Is there ANY LAW in DR which prohibits me from cutting these dangerous useless abominations from my property to make way for some wonderful tree like Neem, Coffee, Citrus, Coconut, etc.

WHAT SAY YEE ???

G

gary short

Sounds like you need to plant Briars around your perimeter!!!!!!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Those briar bushes are bouganvilla, and can be cut back and shaped. they are an outstanding barrier against any intruders! Regarding whether you can cut them down or not, of course you can! But you would be better served by trimming them back and shaping them.. then nobody will come and steal your Limones Persas (big limes) or grafrú (grapefruit) or cerezas (Acerolas)...

Good Luck,

HB :D:D:D

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
gary short said:
Sounds like you need to plant Briars around your perimeter!!!!!!!!

just tell the government that your removing them and that you will indeed be replanting them ......into the ass of that trouble making pr!*k...you mentioned in your last post.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Cut them down and use cuttings to plant outside your fences to provide a thief proof barrier. Trim every couple of months to wnsure bushy growth that will provide a barrier almost as good as thorny cactus!! :) ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Caribee: I just had a thought (something that happens every now and then)

Take a trip over to Moca and see how the farmers there protect their properties. they use a row of sisal plants!! Un-phucking-believable!!!!!

There is absolutely no way to get in!! Only through a stout gate! And, if caught inside, there is no way to get out! Except through that very same gate!! :p

That said, Deb's suggestion to use the bouganvilla in the same way will make your place a beautiful spot, what with kilometers of beautiful flowers all around it!

I do wish you some peace and quiet.

HB :D:D

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Brush solutions

For ornamental plants you do not need a Foresta permit. Pull it out if you like if not. If its Bourganvilla or Trinitaria as they are known here. I would cut it right back to a stump then let it grow again but maintain it as a bush. Trimming it regularly.