whats the highest demands on jobs in the northern coast

slblaw1

May 25, 2006
hi everyone
i was wondering what is the highest demand of jobs like nursing,lawyers,computers, ect...........
thanks

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
I don't know

but I believe call centers have a high demand for qualified people who speak English

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Due to the large number of female tourists there is a high demand for Sankifacation Engineers.

slblaw1

May 25, 2006
hey thanks
hummm sankifacation engineers...my sister wants to start a class sankiette 101 class....lol but seriously just wondering the demands on different careers ..like nursing , interior design, law, real estate agents
thanks

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
aegap said:
Doesn't every country?

I don't know about every country. I think there are countries where there would be a demand for a specific job .. thinking about nurses in the US for example, where there are more jobs than nurses that want to fill them. (I think this is still the case, don't quote me on this - example purposes only).

Here in the DR, I cannot think of one 'category' or 'segment' in the job market that is really underserved in terms of numbers of applicants available. The next jump in thinking about this would normally be quality of applicants, but the op did not ask about that.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
My question was based on the following statement,

"The DR has far fewer jobs than job applicants."

Doesn't every country?

..As to you last comment, I believe call centers have a shortage of apt applicants

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Call Centers are typically a "burn-out" business. If the call center is in-bound only, people last longer than if it's out-bound. Nonetheless there is a constant turnover in call centers. If you can sell over the phone you could work on Mars.