Samana Airport: first regular flights to be announced soon

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Condor will operate regular flight from Frankfurt beginning this December.

Among other airlines to Samana are canadian charter carriers and airlines from Spain.

Jun 5, 2004
To me it makes no sense. Wasn't there suppose to be an expansion of STI for European flights?Neither of the airlines will gain a profit if they both serve airports that are so close. Unless samana is regarded as a tourist destination rather than a regular dominican destination such as STI. Which is what should be done.

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Any rumors of flights from US yet?

Please give me hope. Tired of the Santiago/LT run. Perhaps AA will do Eagle flights from San Juan. Looking forward to 30 minute drive in December. Any news appreciated.;)

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
sounds like a bunch of conjecture. what are all your sources?? i will wait for faa approval then take it from there.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
dr1 Travel News

German flights to Samana[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
German airline Condor, [(which is owned by Lufthansa], has announced its scheduled El Catey, Samana (airport code AZS) flight from Frankfurt International Airport (FRA). The plan is to fly twice a week, with departures from Frankfurt on Wednesday and Sunday and return flights on Monday and Thursday. The flight would commence on 7 November 2006 and continue through 24 April 2007.
LTU is also announcing that it will serve Samana from 7 November. LTU is posting flights from Dusseldorf from 7 November through 19 March.
[/FONT]