I'm not sure if Dajabon is considered North Coast or Central, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahogany

Sep 3, 2005
I'm not sure if Dajabon is considered North Coast or Central, but I need to go there during the second week of July, and I was hoping that someone could supply the contact numbers for a hotel or guest house there.

Also, does Caribe Tours go there or is a guagua the best way to get there from Puerto Plata?

Thanks.

Mahogany

Sep 3, 2005
Thanks Rocky

Thanks for the quick response, Rocky.

Is it really maple syrup that you are needing... or is there something else from Canada that you have a craving for?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Mahogany said:
Thanks for the quick response, Rocky.

Is it really maple syrup that you are needing... or is there something else from Canada that you have a craving for?
Anytime, Mahogany,
Actually, I'm not craving anything, and we were just fooling a bit about Maple syrup.
I do enjoy it on pancakes, as any normal person would, who has ever tasted it.
I think Hillbilly's the Maple syrup addict.
If I could have something here, and I can't, it would be raspberries & blueberries.
But I'm not quite ready to give up the climate & my lifestyle, to get them.
Thanks for asking.
Awefully nice of you.
Regards, Marco.

duck

Mar 20, 2005
www.manley.de
The last time I went that way by bus from Puerto Plata you had to transfer in Santiago with Caribe Tours. There are also smaller Guaguas (with a/c) that will get you there 20-30 min faster, but you have to transfer in Navarette. If you do this make sure you get the express, the regular one stops more frequently.

I'm not familiar with hotels in Dajabon, but Montechico in Montecristi (1/2 hr. from Dajabon) was quite acceptible about a year ago.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Depending on what you you have to do, I would agree with Duck, stay in MC, as it is a bit more tourist oriented.

Regarding Dajabon buses: Caribe Tours offers:
8:30 a.m.
10:00
11:30
3:00
4:00
6:00
Direct service to Dajabón

I'm gonna make a call and see if there is anything there in Dajabón...

TTYL

HB :D:D

And now your hotel list.

According to my sources, theseplaces are "decent" and safe...
About like hotel Colonial inSantiago
1) Hotel Juan Calvo
In front of the park in Dajabón.
well known. owner is Doña Ángela
Pjhone is 809 579 8285

2)The Bonanza
Owned buy Angela's brother
On the highway into Dajabón from Montecristi
Phone is 809 579 8548

4)Hotel Masacre
Phone is 809 579 8227

AND, on the highway to loma de Cabrera there are some very comfortable Cabañas..everyone knows where they are.

Hope this helps...:D:D:D

Last edited:

Mahogany

Sep 3, 2005
Thanks Hillbilly, Duck, and Rocky...

Thanks Hillbilly, Duck, and Rocky...

You've been very helpful. (And I do have to agree with Rocky about the name of that last hotel...)

Mahogany

Sep 3, 2005
I'm sorry, I didn't respond completely...

Hillbilly said:
Depending on what you you have to do...

I will be meeting with a technician there who builds water filters for the Hispaniola Childrens Clean Water Project and also meeting with someone from the Add Your Light Charitable Foundation regarding their household solar power installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.