customs and freight broker out of DR

bigD

Aug 11, 2003
Hello All,

I'm looking at moving a few containers of goods out of the DR. Any suggestions on a freight broker / customs that is honest and reliable/competent. Preferably with an office on the north coast.

Thanks,

BigD

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Check with E.T. Heinsen (spelling?) company on the Malecon (Avenida Geo. Washington) in Santo Domingo. Although on the south coast, they are one of the oldest and best agents in the DR. They shipped some things (including a 10' boat) back to Florida for me several years ago and I was very happy with their service.

bigD

Aug 11, 2003
Thanks Andy B.

By any chance, did you have them come and pick your goods up? were they in full containers of partial containers?

Thx
bigd

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Check with Jose Norenya at E.T. Heinsen. Looking back at my notes, I think he can be reached at (809) 682-8133 or try 249-3850. Although I delivered my huge crate (10x4x2') to the airport, as they are agents they can probably arrange for pickup, too. They also arranged everything with Econocaribe Consolidators (the freight company that actually handled the air cargo shipping) at the other end in Miami. Tel (305) 693-5133. They are also ocean freight consolidators and deal with containers. Good luck.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Whatever you need cargo-wise into or out of the DR, talk to Fernando R. He's been in the business 20+ years, speaks perfect English,
knows the lay of the land. I can give you his cell phone pivately if you are
are a serious lad. He was educated at Univ. of Houston.
No info from you means no info on him. U must be serious.

bigD

Aug 11, 2003
ok thanks - I'll send you an e-mail with my contact info.

I'm looking more for an established freight forwarding company that has a track record rather than an individual.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
English Speaking Broker

I tried to call ET Heinsen 2 times today and was hung up on by the secretary.She couldent understand when I asked to speak to someone who is Fluent English..I even said Jose Norenya Por Favor..Then all I heard was click.. Mabye the number posted above is no longer any good...

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
I tried to call ET Heinsen 2 times today and was hung up on by the secretary.She couldent understand when I asked to speak to someone who is Fluent English..I even said Jose Norenya Por Favor..Then all I heard was click.. Mabye the number posted above is no longer any good...

You might try Banker Trust in Sosua. They principally are a mail service company but through their contacts handle freight and cargo shipments too. An associate of mine uses them for regular shipments of food items from the US which he re-sells here. He seems to be pleased with their service. You can reach them at (809) 571-4622.