Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default House Plans Feet to Metric

Is there a program that will convert all drawings of a computer generated house plan from feet to metric?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure but
    1 sqm = approx 10.76 sqft
    1 m length = approx 3.28 ft

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have Excel on your computer use the "CONVERT" formula "=CONVERT(X,"ft","m")".

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

This site will convert pretty much anything you want.

http://www.convert-me.com/en/

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I did not explain my self. I know how to convert to metric.
    I need to know if there is a computer program available that will convert every dimension for a computer generated set of house plans from a USA architect to metric.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a big question. If you have a computer generated set of plans, surely the same program that made them, can be made to display in a metric format. How do you expect this to work? Do you have the plans on a disk? Do you have the program that made the plans?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My hope is to buy the metric program and sent that to the architect who has drawn the plans and has the "patent" for the plans. Then have him run the program against his plans to convert to metric. Then I can purchase eight sets of metric blueprints. Of course the text on the plans will still be in English so the whole effort may be for naught.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Most "blueprints" house drawings are generated using a program called AutoCad, or other CAD programs. CAD - computer aided design. What you need to know is what program was used to generate the drawings. After that you will need to know someone who has that program. The final step is just a few clicks to convert ALL measurements.

Your best bet would be to contact the person you purchased the plans from and ask for a metric copy.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drtampa
    My hope is to buy the metric program
    No need, one program does both.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drtampa
    My hope is to buy the metric program and sent that to the architect who has drawn the plans and has the "patent" for the plans. Then have him run the program against his plans to convert to metric. Then I can purchase eight sets of metric blueprints. Of course the text on the plans will still be in English so the whole effort may be for naught.
    Ask the architecht/designer who made the plans originally. I'm sure his software already can display everything in metric notation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast