Appliances

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best place to buy household appliances (refrigerator, stove, etc.) in Santo Domingo? I know only Plaza Lama; anywhere cheaper, better?

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
appliances

Victor Laszlo said:
Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best place to buy household appliances (refrigerator, stove, etc.) in Santo Domingo? I know only Plaza Lama; anywhere cheaper, better?

Lasirena also has appliances
but Plaza Lama is about as good as it gets.
bob

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
I beg to differ... Plaza Lama enjoys the worst reputation for phony sales, bait-and-switch, customer service from hell, etc. Appliance service/repair dept. has been connected to dozens of homicide-suicide cases this month alone...beieve it or not.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Departamento Americana on the JF Kennedy express in Santo Domingo has a good appliance section - just don't buy any floor models or "the last one we have"s.

Carrefor's on the Duarte highway going north on the way out of Santo Domingo to Santiago has a good selection of appliances, just lousy sales help. Good delivery service though - a bunch of independents out in front waiting to haul it away for you at a reasonable price.

And, I've used the service guys from Plaza Lama, and they came out about 2 days later, fixed the problem on the washer, reasonable cost, and it was fixed right (knock on wood). Plaza Lama though, has GOT to have the worst bunch of sales creeps (I mean salespeople) in this hemisphere. It just makes you grind your teeth.

Lissa

Aug 7, 2003
www.lldesigndr.com
as far as I know Plaza Lama is THE WORST store for anything, you can try all the stores mention above and Molina( Plaza central ) or Distribuidora Corripio (Plaza Naco, Avenida Duarte near to km 9)

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Victor Laszlo said:

Just came back from Price Smart...lots of appliances and prices seemed reasonable.

bob