Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P.L.D- Talking about liberation? What liberation?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile P.L.D- Talking about liberation? What liberation?

I want to address various issues among many affecting the Dominican's democracy:
    # 1 Dominicans are more disgaged than ever before from the political process, participation in voting was only 60% on the last election, of May 16Th, 2006. This is due to the fact that the current government (P.L.D) administration is not really representing the best interest of the electorates- the Dominican people. Nor are the P.L.D doing anything to liberate the Republic from the many national problems, such as immigration, energy, mental health and employment. Instead they are building a Metro Train system at a cost of more that one billion dollars.
    Popular involvement in the decision making process will lead to better and more ligimate decisions as well as more political involvement.
    #2 The perception of many Dominicans is that their representatives are corrupt and not doing anything to liberated the poor from unemployment and lack of education and vocational training instead their (P.L.D.) privatised the toll boths thats why Dominican named their(P.L.D.) administration as the (coins swallower) "Los traga monedas" on the privious administration the P.L.D. was labelled as the "Come Solos". The elected representatives should serve the interest of their electorates. Informed and responsible decision making is the key to an effective democratic process.
    Corruption is killing democracy in our Dominican Republic.

3 # Dominicano: SI SIENTES QUE SE HA PERDIDO TODA ESPERANZA EN NUESTRA REPUBLICA DOMINICANA UNETE AL PARTIDO DE LA ESPERANZA. DOMINICANA (P.L.D.)B]
    Last edited by rtejeda; 06-16-2006 at 02:52 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't argue with that!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If that is your party message (join us because the PLD sucks!) sorry to break it to you, but it is going nowhere!

tweak with it a bit more

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Rtejeda,
    Welcome to DR1 if that is your name and you are serious. As this is your first post, (puppet?), then I think you owe the board an explaination on a few things.

As there are members such as myself that are well aware of the importance of citizen participation in the democratic system then I am interested in knowing the following concerning yourself;

1. Are you Dominican?
    2. Do you live here in the DR?
    3. What role did you play as a citizen in the past election?
    4. Do you have a desire to run for public office?
    5. Do you take an active part in organizing or teaching the Dominican people their required role in a democratic society?

Like Aegap said, if all you are going to post is how screwed up the PLD party is and then make a stupid statement to unite with the PLD, (That dog won't hunt)

Rick

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default And......

Quote Originally Posted by rtejeda
    # 1 Dominicans are more disgaged
    To continue with Rick's question, what is "disgaged:?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    To continue with Rick's question, what is "disgaged:?
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Disgage

Dis`gage´
    v. t. 1. To free from a gage or pledge; to disengage.

So, maybe the OP means that Dominicans in general are disengaged from the political process, or that they haven't been able to gage the political reality...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I was able to interpret his meaning and his statement is very true but I still want to know more about this individual. I just find it strange to have a first time poster make the statements he has with no follow-up unless he is having problems with his 'socks'.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Snyder
    I was able to interpret his meaning and his statement is very true but I still want to know more about this individual. I just find it strange to have a first time poster make the statements he has with no follow-up unless he is having problems with his 'socks'.

A quick scan revealed that 'rtejeda' is Ramón Tejeda, however, there are several by that name. One of them is Ramón Tejeda Holguin, who on April 2005 was named by President Leonel Fernandez as one of the members of the National Ethics Commission (Comisión Nacional de Ética).

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Snyder
    Certainly, a first time poster could take the time to introduce oneself.
    It would go a long way to helping us know the validity of the post, and how to reply.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Certainly, a first time poster could take the time to introduce oneself.
    It would go a long way to helping us know the validity of the post, and how to reply.
    I agree, especially a first-time poster. I hope this isn't the start of a trend of being spammed by representatives of the various political parties.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast